Vectra 04 - Stereo cuts out and "mould" - wonderwheels
Looking for some advice.If i turn my stereo up "quite" loud it tends to cut-out and return intermitently.Is this a fault or a "safety feature"? Noticed a "green tinge" at the bottom of my rear light clusters beside to wing.no damage or obvious signs of a water ingress.No craks on either cluster.Has the seal perished? Just curious to hear other owners' views
Vectra 04 - Stereo cuts out and "mould" - dereckr
Regarding the stereo, it's a fault. Could be the set (possible)
or (more likely) a short to chassis on one of the speaker wires or terminals. If the car is second hand, check to see whether anyone has up-graded the speakers...the poor fitting of which is a common cause of shorts to chassis (terminals touching metalwork where larger drive units are used). Another reason could be one of the speakers is faulty i.e become less than 4 ohms impedence. You could try disconnecting each speaker in turn to see if the problem goes away. Lastly check for damage to the connections on the rear speakers...on the hatch these can be vunerable to damage from luggage etc.
Vectra 04 - Stereo cuts out and - Dynamic Dave
Just curious to hear other owners' views

No probs with my stereo (ccr2006) or rear lights.
Vectra 04 - Stereo cuts out and "mould" - Altea Ego
If its the VDO unit and "quite loud" is "very very loud with lots of bass" then the unit is shutting down the output stage as its drawing too much current. Design feature

------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >