Rover 75 Diesels Mini cabbers? - mrmender
This time last year I bought a 03 Rover 75 Diesel tourer with 16k miles. On the whole we are very pleased goes well very comfy looks good etc
I paid £11500 this was before Rover went Mammories up. I was quite prepaired to accept that it would be worth nothing after the colapse & will have to keep it for many years as it will be
valueless.
A cab driver brought me home from the station remarked if it was the Diesel apparantly cabbies are after them, he's tried to get one at auction and failed
In my local Partco yesterday. A local dealer remarked on my Rover. He said the Diesels are fetching top money at auction mainly going to cabbies he thought. He said what i've always thought the Diesels were the best bet of the 75 range
So should i keep or sell now while it may worth something?
I will answer my own thread and say they are only popular because they are cheap!
Anybody have any idea of what they are going for?
Rover 75 Diesels Mini cabbers? - Lud
If it's a nice wagon and you like it, mm, what is prompting you to pass it on? Take your point about buying it at the wrong moment. Must have been annoying that. But surely existing stocks and pattern parts will keep it going for a while in the hands of an enthusiast like yourself?
I meant to add: not impossible that a well-preserved example might some day soon pass for a cl*ss*c!
Rover 75 Diesels Mini cabbers? - Stuartli
The Rover 75 is, in my view, a very pleasant vehicle in which to travel around in; in fact when it first came out many people confused it with the smaller Jaguar as the shape is very similar.

At least one company reckons it has millions of pounds worth of spares for Rover vehicles, so why not get the best out of it and then consider parting with it to a taxi operator?

I've seen one in my area being used for taxi work - somewhat surprising as the Skoda Octavia is the hands down overall winner.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Rover 75 Diesels Mini cabbers? - Hamsafar
I also liked the 75 and was a irregular passenger in one, it had an air of class about the interior at a cheaper rate than rivals.
What stopped me buying one is the way Rover went all 'chavvy' towards the end in a last ditch attempt to survive.
Rover 75 Diesels Mini cabbers? - local yokel
Would a Tourer be more or less attractive to the cab trade than a saloon?
Rover 75 Diesels Mini cabbers? - blue_haddock
I would imagine more attractive as they can get plenty of luggage in for doing things like airport runs.
Rover 75 Diesels Mini cabbers? - Collos25
THe problem is they do not have all the parts many electrical parts are like hens teeth with some newish vehicles off the road waiting for parts.Having to search scrap yards for a part for a new car is not my idea of motoring bliss its like owning a Renault Laguna.
I meant to add: not impossible that a well-preserved example might
some day soon pass for a cl*ss*c!

Hello Lud in reply to a previous thread i'm around for the next 3 weeks i think. I will keep the 75 as it is a pleasent place to tavel around in
The point of the tread was i genuineley thought it was worth buttons
And yes Lud me and Mrs mender are 2 steps ahead of you re c***C car status. Instead of hawking around classic car shows what ever i've had the mig welder too this week the 75 looks good!
What ever you BR's think of the 75 It's the only car on 4 separate occasions EACH that me & Mrs MM have had coments from total strangers what a good looking car we have here...and the inevitable... where did it all go wrong
2 steps ahead
of you re c***C car status. Instead of hawking around classic
car shows what ever i've had the mig welder too this
week

Do I gather from the mig welder reference that you and Mrs mm have some fabulous piece of rusty machinery in a shed being slowly brought back to snorting, rattling life? I'll look forward to seeing it one day...

I too think the 75 a handsome car in a discreet way (a bit like the original 75). Much better not to knock everyone's eyes out in my opinion. Matter of taste though.
Hi Lud
Mig welder has been idle since i built my Traka (road legal off road buggy baised on a range rover) but alas the Traka is up for sale on ebay
So an other project looms! Posibly another series land rover I have a old series 2 in mind but can't get any sense out of the owner or maybe a personal favorite a range rover classic
But me and Mrs MM have a soft spot for VW type 2 campers and regret selling our beloved "Clive"6 years ago. If i do go for another Type 2 this time it would be a splitty. The Mig would definatly come in useful then!
Rover 75 Diesels Mini cabbers? - Xileno {P}
If cabbies are buying them then they must be reliable.
Rover 75 Diesels Mini cabbers? - Navara Van man
The fact the car is worth comparitvly little if seling on is a good excuse to keep it going for a couple more years. Especialy as you seem happy with it.
Rover 75 Diesels Mini cabbers? - Happy Blue!
The Diesel is of course the BMW engine, so many have been built to a good standard. That's why its reliable.

I like the look of the 75, but find the front end of the original model a bit odd and that the interior was neither fish nor fowl. The overall decor was pleasantly Edwardian, but the buttons were too modern and naff.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Rover 75 Diesels Mini cabbers? - Collos25
No ,they are cheap by comparison and most cars are fairly reliable upto the point a cabbie must dispose of them.
A thought for you mm: what about a nice Unimog?
A thought for you mm: what about a nice Unimog?

mmmm A unimog a bit too tonka toyish! I quite fancy a old green goddess though!
Rover 75 Diesels Mini cabbers? - blue_haddock
>>
I quite fancy
a old green goddess though!

Here you go then!

www.witham-sv.com/infopage.php?ID=372&Overide=1
>> I quite fancy
>> a old green goddess though!
>>
Here you go then!
www.witham-sv.com/infopage.php?ID=372&Overide=1

Been there bh and all thing being equal will pay them a visit in the next couple of weeks but i'm not serious as i've no where to keep it but will have a look at the Landy's
Looked for the Traka on Ebay hoping to be able to tell by looking at it why you had put it up for sale, but was defeated by Ebay website as I so often am. Perhaps you thought it too sporting since you seem to favour leisurely vehicles if the VW splitscreen camper is anything to go by (unless you are planning a Porsche transplant?). Seem to remember squaddies overturning Green Goddesses with merry abandon during the firemen's strike a few years ago. But perhaps they're safer if you don't fill the water tank! Personally I'd go for the Unimog every time.
Looked for the Traka on Ebay hoping to be able to
tell by looking at it why you had put it up
for sale, but was defeated by Ebay website as I so
often am. Perhaps you thought it too sporting since you seem
to favour leisurely vehicles if the VW splitscreen camper is anything
to go by (unless you are planning a Porsche transplant?). Seem
to remember squaddies overturning Green Goddesses with merry abandon during the
firemen's strike a few years ago. But perhaps they're safer if
you don't fill the water tank! Personally I'd go for the
Unimog every time.

Go to the motors section click on all car brands and rigt at the bottom is Kit cars its on page 3
Found it at last, mm. In typical old-geezer fashion kept searching for ebay and getting just American stuff. Took me ages to twig that there might be an ebay UK.

Very tidy and a bit of a, ahem, Tonka toy if you don't mind my saying so! I like Tonka toys but although I am sure it will be good value when someone offers what it's worth it wouldn't really be practical for me in London. Too stark in winter, tramps would commit public nuisances in it and I imagine it might be a bit thirsty despite low weight... If I was a rich farmer though I'd certainly consider it as a good-weather runabout. I bet it's everything you say.
Found it at last, mm. In typical old-geezer fashion kept searching
for ebay and getting just American stuff. Took me ages to
twig that there might be an ebay UK.
Very tidy and a bit of a, ahem, Tonka toy if
you don't mind my saying so! I like Tonka toys but
although I am sure it will be good value when someone
offers what it's worth it wouldn't really be practical for me
in London. Too stark in winter, tramps would commit public
nuisances in it and I imagine it might be a bit
thirsty despite low weight... If I was a rich farmer though
I'd certainly consider it as a good-weather runabout. I bet it's
everything you say.

Thanks Lud I've got so far 53 watchers on the auction so we'll see what happens yes it goes realy well gets a bit boisterous over 70 but good fun in the rough stuff.... But that V8 sound ahhhh!
Good luck with it, hope you get what you want. Boisterous eh? Yes, very close coupled for one thing and if using the original RR springs a bit bouncy too perhaps... but I don't suppose you ever need to press the loud pedal very hard even up cliffs... 25mpg on the way to Liverpool, I can't help wondering?