Air Con [again] - Mark (Brazil)

Remember my confusion about why external air actually felt colder than recycled air ?

Well part of my confusion was cleared up the other day, and it was as smeone suggested. The temperature of the 'input' air isn't usually the critical thing, so the temperature it takes it down to is not affected by that.

Howevr, the other day here the temperature hit 47 degrees C (known locally as $&$^#% hot). Using outside air the aircon didn`t want to know and was blowing warm. However, using recycled air it performed as normal.

But now another question - I am assuming that the only way it removes moisture from the air is simply because it condenses on the pipwork as the air comes through.

Why does that still work (or at least people say it works) when you have the aircon on, but is either heating, or at least not cooling, tha cabin ? Surely without the cooling any dehumidifying effect goes away ?

M.

(p.s. at the moment she only wakes every 5 hours, and her crying doesn't disturb me when I am asleep. Good for me, but Adriana is a little miffed).
Re: Air Con [again] - Tomo
The moisture in the air is condensed and drained off as water, so that if the car is stopped it can make a little puddle below the engine and frighten you.
Re: Air Con [again] - Dave N
Because the a/c evaporater is still doing it's job and staying at close to zero, with all the temperature control being carried out by the addition of heat, or not, over the top. It's a bit like regulating the temperature of the fridge by opening or closing the door.