vauxhall astra td problems with heater - mr2 mk1
just bought a diesel estate for work it is a 2000 astra estate diesel 1.7dti.
The problem im hving is my heater has packed up.It doesnt let any air through at all.But today i started car up and it came on.But its not working again,can anyone help please.Ive tried taking the stereo out but struggling with that.
Does anybody have any ideas what can be wrong?
Could it be something wrong or lose wires?Also the lights doesnt work well on the heater panel.
Thanks for any help or advice in advance
Cheers.
vauxhall astra diesel problems - Civic8
>>The problem im hving is my heater has packed up.

Presume you mean it wont work on any speed,if so probably resistor pack gone.should be on heater motor
--
Steve
vauxhall astra diesel problems - mr2 mk1
yes it doesnt work on any speed.Where is the resistor pack?
But like i said mate,it did work today and then i turned engine off and back on and it didnt wor again.
cheers
vauxhall astra diesel problems - Dynamic Dave
If the resistor pack has gone, the fan should still work on the fastest setting as the resistor pack is only there for the slower speeds. This sounds like a switch fault to me.
vauxhall astra diesel problems - bell boy
it must have that dreadful panel below the radio then where the switches are made of cardboard,i can only suggest you take this out (there are some congealed screws)and check the connections on the board as they seem to suffer also from dry joints.(good luck as all the scrapyard ones always seem to have gone)
vauxhall astra diesel problems - mr2 mk1
any ideas how to get stereo out?Ive taken screws out side of stereo but i allan keys in the holes and the stereo wont move.
Any idea if you can get any tools to get the stereo out?
regards kev
vauxhall astra diesel problems - Dynamic Dave
Any idea if you can get any tools to get the stereo out?

Get a coat hanger and manufacture into the shape of the following picture:-

snipurl.com/ltvl

Then poke down the holes.