AIRJACK 2000 - Pete
This product seen recently on tele " Inventions " program.

Concertina type rubber rising airbag on top of an oblong metal box base. Has tyre inflator hose stored in the side of the base. Unit has built in compressor powered from 12volt socket in car. Expected to retail at about £40.

As per my previous posting - - -
Can anyone please tell me anything as to if and when these units will be available to the public ?

Thank you.
Re: AIRJACK 2000 - john
the BBC programme said the product would be tested/developed by Halfords prior to it hopefully making it in to production and to the shops.
Re: AIRJACK 2000 - Pete
John, many thanks for your input.
Re: AIRJACK 2000 - RogerL
Easylift airjack has been available for nearly 20 years. It is inflated by a large tube from the exhaust and has a much larger area than Airjack, about 50cm diameter. It's also much quicker to operate. Because the "bag" folds flat it only needs about 2cm to insert so it will even cope with collapsed suspension. I don't know why Airjack was on this programme, it's not a new invention.
Roger, thanks for your input.

I fully appreciate that this is not a new idea but, it is in a format and at a price that is more acceptable to me as a home mechanic. With the American system at $300 to $320 ( which, by the time it gets over here, is the same but in Pounds ) it is too expensive and I feel that this inovation on the original idea, is long overdue.

Thanks again.
Easyjack - Tomo
Bit awkward with these exhausts with a common system but two tail pipes!

Sounds good for Toad, though. Who has them?

RogerL wrote:
>
> Easylift airjack has been available for nearly 20 years. It
> is inflated by a large tube from the exhaust and has a much
> larger area than Airjack, about 50cm diameter. It's also much
> quicker to operate. Because the "bag" folds flat it only
> needs about 2cm to insert so it will even cope with collapsed
> suspension. I don't know why Airjack was on this programme,
> it's not a new invention.
Re: Easyjack - RogerL
Two exhaust pipes from one silencer is not a problem as a "bung" is provided to temporarily block one pipe. I'm not sure about twin systems like a V8 though. I paid £40 mail order for mine. I don't know why several hundred pounds has been suggested.
Re: Easyjack - steve paterson
I bought one of these things about 15yrs ago. Never used it in anger but tried it a few times. It would easily lift three wheels off the ground, leaving the car balanced on one wheel and a wobbly balloon. I was a bit worried about sharp bits or a hot exhaust, but it never exploded. Biggest problem was packing it away after use. It also occured to me that after the first use, it would still contain corrosive acids etc. from the exhaust, and might not be useable after a couple of years of storage.
Re: Easyjack - mybrainhurts
I believe the tellypresenter said Halfords "wanted to talk to him".

I thought this was because he had hacked up a Halfords inflator to produce his prototype !? Yellow inflator dial gave it away......
Thanks to all contributors. No further input is now required.
Rgds, < petel@clara.co.uk >