Transit connect? - Navara Van man
I am currently in the market for a small van. Is the transit connect any good in terms of reliability and build quality. other options are the vw trasporter and merc vito, your thoughts.

Regards paul
Transit connect? - Altea Ego
Friend of mine recently went through this. Got a new VW Transporter T5 at a good price. Its a stunningly good van, very well built and comfortable.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Transit connect? - Wales Forester
The Transit Connect LWB is quite a lot less load space than a Transporter, and less than the shortest Vito.
Personally, I wouldn't put the TC in the same category as the VW or the Merc.
Transit connect? - Altea Ego
Yes it kinda goes

Vw Caddy, Connect SWB, Connect LWB, SWB Transporter, Vito, in size with a big jump from connect to transporter.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
The main thing is reliability over the five years or so ill keep it. The long weel base connect will do the job space wise. Basicly i need another van of similar interior load capacity to the trooper comercial. The heavy work is done with the transit 350 so the dutys are only light.
Transit connect? - Dynamic Dave
Apart from the speed restriction placed on the Transit Connect (as it's not a car derived van) I'm sure there was a comment made recently about problems now showing up with the diesel engines. I've done a quick forum search, but couldn't immediately find anything.

That aside, have you read some of the previous threads about the Transit Connect?

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=37458
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=23988
Transit connect? - Wales Forester
If you're replacing a Trooper commercial then the Transit Connect LWB should be ample. It's quite cavernous for a small van.
Transit connect? - harry m
we have them at work ie bt,i'm not aware of any problems but there again we don't do a large milage.i have had mine for 2 years and think it's very good goes very well even though it is fully loaded all the time,darn site better than the vauxhall combi i had for the day whilst mine was in for a service,one of the most uncomfortable things i have ever driven.
intresting, will try one for a day and see how I get on with it.

Paul
Transit connect? - cheddar
comment made recently about problems now showing up with the diesel engines>>

IIRC they have the same 1.8 diesel engine as in the Focus MkI and MkII though in a lower state of tune, this engine is based on the unit in the Mondeo Mk1 and II diesel and has an excellent reputation for longevity.
Transit connect? - Dereksn51
I've driven one week in week out for the past year.It's a TDCI 90 hp.It hasn't been reliable.Firstly it had a terrible whine which I presumed was the g/box but turned out to be a bearing on the lower pulley of the alt belt.It failed and left us stranded .Secondly it deposited all it's power steering fluid on the ground -a faulty seal.And thirdly make friends with the local Kwik-Fit guys 'cos it consumes tyres at an horrendous rate-7000 miles per front set.It gets hammered-what van doesn't and the torque in the engine is phenomenal-hence the ripped up tyres