Car radio warranty query - smokie
I bought a car radio from eBay, it came from Germany (though I bought from a UK buyer). It has two years manufacturers warranty.

I thought I had a problem with the radio when I fitted it, so mailed the seller. His response has just come through. It said

"Did you have the car radio installed by an auto electrician? If yes, please send us a scan of the invoice you received from the auto electrician. We need to have a written confirmation, that the radio turned up faulty after professional installation. Let me note that there are safety security screws that must be removed and that a professional installation is a must to keep warranty valid."

Surely that can't be right?
Car radio warranty query - Civic8
Never heard of that one before,as long as fitted correctly warranty should hold no matter who installs?
--
Steve
Car radio warranty query - David Horn
Fake it. How's he going to know? Pick a font like Courier and make out an invoice in Word with a fictional garage. Print it out, photocopy it a couple of times, and scan it in again.

Unlikely you could break it by installing it.
Car radio warranty query - smokie
Oh btw, this is theoretical.

I didn't see the packing screws despite the BIG label telling you to remove them before installation... d'oh!!
Car radio warranty query - Civic8
>>Oh btw, this is theoretical.

Made the thread rather short though,would have been interesting to hear other oppinions!
--
Steve
Car radio warranty query - henry k
>>"Did you have the car radio installed by an auto electrician?"

Did he list that in terms and conditions?