Ford Endura-DE Turbo Diesel Misfire - Peter d'orlorge
I have a problem with an intermittent slight misfire on a '98 Endura-DE T/D 1.8. This presents as a hunting uneven tickover, intermittent misfire at light throttle settings and lack of pulling power on hills. It may last for say five miles and then as normal for a while anly to return. I have looked for air leaks, replaced fuel filter and pipe from the filter to pump, but still no cure. Any suggestions please? Many thanks.
Ford Endura-DE Turbo Diesel Misfire - Altea Ego
how many miles on the clock?
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Ford Endura-DE Turbo Diesel Misfire - grev
I had a similar problem that seemed to be cured by changing a plastic fuel connector on the top of the pump that was letting in air on tick over and low revs but for some strange reason not leaking fuel even under pressure.
This problem in petrol engines (I am not sure on the Enduro diesel)is generally caused by either air getting into the Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor vacuum tube or faulty or clogged sensor.
Grev >> how many miles on the clock?
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Ford Endura-DE Turbo Diesel Misfire - grev
Sorry forgot to mention lack of power could be due to Engine Control unit ECU after a period of intermittent signals from a MAP sensor will overide the sensor take the engine into safe or degraded mode then if the fault clears it takes it back out and cycle repeats.
Grev
Very many thanks for these replys. The Milage is circa 75K. It is interesting that mention is being made about the ECU control as it does feel as if something is being switched on and off.
I am pleased to report that the problem light throttle misfire is solved; it was caused by a faulty Advance/Retard solonoid, this is the gadget like a big bolt with two wires on the radiator side of the Bosch injector pump. This was making a strange buzzing sound like a cricket. I listened with a piece of central heating tube to isolate the surrounding clatter. The part cost £80 but only needed screwing in and has solved the problem. Many thanks for the replies. Peter.