Rover Metro Ascot Price Guide Please - kennybase
Hi all,

My mum is selling her little car due the fact that both my parents have retired recently, and running two cars is an unnecessary cost.

Question is - how much!!! I've had a look on Autotrader but there is only 3 matches, and they are all older.

The specs are - R Reg (August 1997) Rover Metro Ascot 1.1 in Aqua Blue (or like that kind of blue!)
It has done 38k miles, just passed its MOT, following having a new radiator, tyres, and brakes changed.

It has been driven by my mum, which can be translated to - slow and easy! (i know this has no bearing on the costs!)

The body work is immaculate, as is the interior.

Any kind of guide for us to work from will be greatly appreciated. I realise this is a Rover, and a Rover Metro at that, but it isn't a bad car! Hopefully they can recoup something from it.

Thanks in advance.

Ben
Rover Metro Ascot Price Guide Please - local yokel
Total stab, but small cars get a good following, so I'd say ask £595 and accept £535.
Rover Metro Ascot Price Guide Please - moosh
Sold one similar recently

You'll be lucky to get more than £250

Not many punters out there for Metros.

Rover Metro Ascot Price Guide Please - Scott H
Parkers.co.uk gives a value of £505 for the 3-door, £540 for the 5-door - both prices for private sale, good condition, with 80,000 miles. Might be able to get a little bit more considering the lower mileage.
Rover Metro Ascot Price Guide Please - Vansboy
It's an ideal first car - £500 wouldn't be unreasonable, I'd say.

VB
Rover Metro Ascot Price Guide Please - MoneyMart
Yeah, if it really is in A1 condition (has it been garaged? if not, hard to believe there's no rot coming through) then I'd try for anywhere between £500 and £750 - depending on how quick you want to sell it.

Plus points :
1 NewMOT
2 Immaculate condition
3Low mileage
4 Colour (girlies like it)
5 Spec? (isn't Ascot a reasonably well specc'd car)
6 one owner?
FSH?

Against:
1 It's a Metro so it'll rot
2 It's a Metro so it's unsafe (exaggeration I know, but NCAP didn't help)
3 It's a Metro so it's got no street cred
4 It's a Metro
Cheers for all the help already - I did forget to mention that part - it has been garaged its whole life. Probably why the body work is in such great condition!

Problem is, although the car is probably worth nearer the £700 mark due to it's condition, the market for a £700 Metro is limited so it may take a while...

Depends on how quick you want to sell it really....
Rover Metro Ascot Price Guide Please - Xileno {P}
Unusual to have an immaculate Metro, most of them have lost their rear wheel arches by now.

I would take any reasonable offer, they're not much in demand now. Although better than its replacement the CityRover but we won't start that again now...
Rover Metro Ascot Price Guide Please - Phil I
Is it manual or Auto (CVT)?? If the later I could be interested myself. Phil I
For later read latter.
Speel Chekker fell down again Phil I
Its the manual box (5 speed I think!)
Tks for quick response. Not for me then. However these later metros in disguise are good value for money,(keep on knocking lads it keeps the prices down) I should try a few postcards in the local Supermarkets around £650 and accept down to £550. Should fly away...

Happy Motoring Phil I
Rover Metro Ascot Price Guide Please - cheddar
4 It's a Metro

Plus points :
7 It's a Metro so it handles well.
8 It's a Metro so it has got a sweet free revving 1.1 or 1.8 8v K Series engine that will not suffer the HGF that the 1.8 16v's do.
Rover Metro Ascot Price Guide Please - Doc
This 1997 Metro went for £1600! recently on E bay. (28000 miles)

tinyurl.com/bkqn3

Rover Metro Ascot Price Guide Please - Round The Bend
Doctor's car ........ yours Doc?
_______

IanS
Rover Metro Ascot Price Guide Please - Doc
Doctor's car ........ yours Doc?
_______

No, but I do own the same model and year, and mine has done 27,000 miles.

Rover Metro Ascot Price Guide Please - massey
Wow!

£1600 for a 9 year old Metro.

"a fool and their money...................."??

Rover Metro Ascot Price Guide Please - bell boy
it says i quote "THIS CAR HAS ONLY AVERAGED 3,000 MILES PER YEAR WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY MINIMAL AND HAS BEEN GARAGED FROM NEW!! can someone please explain how it can do 3,000 miles a year parked in a garage?
Rover Metro Ascot Price Guide Please - Armitage Shanks {p}
It has done 3000 miles a year and when it isn't being driven it is garaged. Seems clear enough to me!
Rover Metro Ascot Price Guide Please - Imagos
Bung it on ebay, set a sensible reserve, and watch it sell.

As previous poster says they seem to be quite popular on there.

A while back there was one on ebay pulse front page and it wasn't the one previously mentioned.
Rover Metro Ascot Price Guide Please - blue_haddock
Bung it on ebay, set a sensible reserve, and watch it
sell.

Earlier this year i sold an Rover 115SD on ebay, it had all the usual rot associated with them and i just wanted rid of it ASAP. There was a bit of a bidding war towards the end and it went for more than i had paid for the car 3 months earlier.

Take lots of pictures, give it an honest description and it will sell.
Rover Metro Ascot Price Guide Please - bell boy
it was a joke (one of those funny things????)
Thanks for all the replies. All greatly appreciated.

I have a friend who may be interested in it as the price my dad settled on was £550.

I thought we could try putting it on eBay for £1k just to see if it went - but he's not too keen on that! :-(

Anyway, thanks again

-and Oldman - I got the joke :-)
Rover Metro Ascot Price Guide Please - Blue {P}
Shame he's not keen, with a well written advert like the one for that Silver Metro it would fetch a fortune.

Blue
Shame he's not keen, with a well written advert like the
one for that Silver Metro it would fetch a fortune.
Blue

"fortune" might be overstating it, but yes, I agree it should fetch more than £550...
[b]MoneyMart[/b]

Current: 55-reg Audi A4 SE TDi
Previous: 53-reg BMW 530d / 52-reg Honda S2000 /