BMW 3 brake warning light - mikert
Hi ,I'm after more help again.
I've changed front and rear brake pads on my BMW 320D (E46)a few weeks ago, but the warning light still remains on. Anyone know, does it need re-setting by BMW, or have I just not made a good enough connection with the sensors?? Thank you
BMW 3 brake warning light - trancer
Did you replace the sensors with new ones?.

Once the brake light comes on it means the contacts on the sensor have been worn through and the sensor cannot be reused.
Yes trancer, they were replaced with a new set supplied with the pads.
BMW 3 brake warning light - Screwloose
mikert

Try:- Pressing down hard on the brake pedal; then switching on the ignition [without starting the engine] and holding the brake pressure for 30 seconds.

Then switch off; release the pedal and start the engine.
Tried the brake pressure for 30 seconds as suggested, still the same though.
BMW 3 brake warning light - elekie&a/c doctor
If the sensors front(&rear if fitted) are ok ,then turn on ignition for approx 5 mins without starting engine.This should reset system.
BMW 3 brake warning light - dollygolfmids
turn your ignition fully on, it takes between 16 seconds and 25 seconds to reset, if it is not reseting either the rear sensor was not replaced and re-used but has already worn ( rears are a lil tricky to replace and people tend to re-use the old ones if possible ).. or it is not plugged in fully, theres a definatly click as its connected. the sensor on the rear is on the O/S/R wheel and runs above the trailing arm, then through a hole, and runs underneath the trailing arm towards the front of the car. as it passes the splash guard trim it plugs in agaisnt the car body ( opposite the fuel tank ).. there is just enough room between the fuel tank and the outshell of the car to squeeze your hand in. also connected is the wheel speed sensor next to it. this is the blue connector and the wiring takes the same route as the brake pad sensor wiring.. the pad sensor is BLACK

hope this helps
Thanks for the suggestions, my wife's away with the car for a few days. I'll try them when she's back.