fight for your rights (to party) - mike
beastie boys, what year?

nothing to do with this post.

my astra's bonnet rusted through on the front lip, from the inside. vauxhall decided that as it was inspected 10 days after its 6th birthday it was out of warrenty, but after lots of whinging they gave me a new bonnet.

next stop, main dealer who has been servicing it, little known fact, they are supposed to inspect the car for rust at every major service, result, after threat of small claims court, is that the dealer will fit and paint the bonnet, with a small conribution from me.

todays lesson, make the main dealers work for thier rip off pricing

mike n
Intergalactic - Lee H
Well done on the bonnet front (groan). Fight for your right...

1986 but from the discography:

From the Beastie Boys website:
www.beastieboys.com/disco_index.html

>The "12" 6584195 (Feb 1987, USA)" was quickly withdrawn.
The 7"s (6584187, 650418) and the 12" (6584195) were released in Feb, 1987. The 12" "6584196" was released in May, 1987. The 12" "Old Gold OG 4198" was released in Nov, 1990.
3"CD is stored in a small, color, cardboard booklet that opens up to reveal the 3"CD. The CD is red with black lettering, Color photo on front, song list on back, and other CDs available listed on inside. The CD is from "Solid Gold" series and is from Austria.
Info on the UK 12" (650418 6) thanks to Danielle Wilmore.
Re: fight for your rights (to party) - John S
Mike

I believe the terms and conditions for these guarantees are in the Service Book, so it pays to read that carefuly. Certainly Vauxhall state that a corrosion check is part of Authorised dealer servicing.

That said, although you claim 'rip-off' pricing, is a new bonnet on a 6year old car not some compensation?

Regards

john