Audi 2.5 TDI Multitronic - dc999
I'm thinking about buying one of these, and I noticed that the Car-By-Car breakdown mentions a dealer TSB to replace the clutch.
What does this mean? Will Audi pay for this? Should I avoid cars that haven't had this done?

Thanks

Audi 2.5 TDI Multitronic - 200SXAndy
About to have my clutch pack changed under warranty tomorrow - Audi dealer needs to have car all week! Car is June 2003 with 35k miles. If the car you are interested in is still under warranty, tell dealer there is a known problem with the multitronic transmission being able to handle all the immense low down torque of the 2.5tdi. Apparently this is not an uncommon problem and very expensive to fix.
Never had any of these problem with my 9 year old 200SX auto!
Regards
Andy
Audi 2.5 TDI Multitronic - dc999
Unfortunately I was looking at spending around 10K, so it would be out of warranty.
There seems to be a lot of positive comments about Multitronic, but looks like it's not worth the risk - especially as HJ mentioned somewhere that the life of the gearbox can be as little as 130,000 miles anyway.
It sounds like a recall that Audi doesn't want to pay for?
Audi 2.5 TDI Multitronic - turbo11
My brother in law had the same clutch problem in his.The car was a company car, although the work was done under warranty.Apart from that fault,he loved the car.