Super mini's i've driven - mrmender
Since starting my present job, to travel to and fro between Bangor Gwynedd & Manchester airport i have used the cheapest hire car i can find they have been
Fiat Punto x 2
Ford Fiesta x 2
Daewoo/Chevy Matiz x 2
Renault Modus Diesel
Kia Picanto
Vauxhall Corsa (3 cylinder)
The worst was the Corsa rough noisy engine & Vague steering
My personal favaorite was the Punto I think it is the oldest car here it just felt more complete and plesant to drive
The rest were fair to middling with the Fiesta's being dissapointing.The interiors having a cheap feel I found it noisy
I was prepaired to hate the Matiz but it's not THAT bad.
As for the modus i could not decide what i was driving nothing special at all
The biggest shock was the Picanto the small engine had plenty of urge it has cheeky looks but a very small boot and the interior is not quite there. Otherwise good
One interesting point is on the 90 mile run they all use about the same amount of fuel around 7 quid even the diesel Renault was the same
Super mini's i've driven - Xileno {P}
The Modus will have the same 1.5 dCi engine as my Megane. It needs 10K to bed in. Then the economy increases by about 7 mpg I have found.
Super mini's i've driven - T Lucas
I've rented Picantos in Spain from Hertz many times over the last 12 months and everytime i drive one i am really impressed at just how good they are for such a low purchase price.
Had a Picanto booked for over Christmas,Hertz had run out,gave me a Peugeot Partner HDi instead.Nice drive,loads of room,well equipped but the remote did not work and the tailgate interior panel fell off when i opened the rear door,so its good to see French build quality never fails to disappoint.Useful vehicle though.