Jet Fuel - paul30661
I have read articles about the quality of various brands of fuel and the whys and wherefores of using the premium versions of some brands, (shell optimax, bp premium, etc) but I have not seen reference to JET fuel brand.

I presume that this is better than supermarket fuel as it contains some additives, but can anyone tell me whether this is equal or better than shell, bp, texaco ?

I drive a '04 Freelander TD4, and whilst I wish to use 'good' fuel, there is a limit to my benevolence, (having last week paid BP £ 1.01 per litre as opposed to 95.9 for 'normal' diesel and I see 94.9p for petrol.
Jet Fuel - mare
I drive a '04 Freelander TD4, and whilst I wish to
use 'good' fuel, there is a limit to my benevolence, (having
last week paid BP £ 1.01 per litre as opposed to
95.9 for 'normal' diesel and I see 94.9p for petrol.

Where on earth are you? Most garages round here (Bristol / Bath) are low 90's for diesel, and i can't remember paying more than 86.9 for petrol for ages.

The Shell garage opposite the Black Castle in Arnos Vale is usually the cheapest around. FWIW, i try to use Shell because my cars (Diesel and petrol) seem to prefer it. If not Shell, Esso.

Sample of 2 cars though....
Jet Fuel - Armitage Shanks {p}
I paid 100.9 p per litre for BP Ultimate in Stamford Lincs, just before Xmas. More worryingly, the pump had been adapted to manage prices of over £1/litre!
Jet Fuel - Round The Bend
Believe JET is the retail side of conoco or conocoPhillips as it is now known.

_______

IanS
Jet Fuel - Red Baron
There is a JET station near to where I work. I have used is many time for both petrol and diesel and have not noticed any particualry good or bad aspects about it.

This morning 87.9 for petrol and 92.9 for diesel.
Jet Fuel - AngryJonny
I paid 100.9 p per litre for BP Ultimate in Stamford
Lincs, just before Xmas. More worryingly, the pump had been
adapted to manage prices of over £1/litre!

In a very similar neck of the woods I paid 98.9 for Optimax on Xmas eve. Regular unleaded was 90.9 I think.

My Dad tends to steer clear of Jet, Total and Mobil because he found in past decades he had cars (particularly British Leyland ones) that hated those fuels. I'd imagine both the cars and the fuels have come a long way since then though. Old habits die hard.
Jet Fuel - les_251181
i'm in the north east and i pay 98p/litre for my diesel. i wish to use good fuel, though i would begrudge paying any more than that for it.
Jet Fuel - Dynamic Dave
I presume that this is better than supermarket fuel as it contains some additives.

All fuel, including supermarket fuel, contains additives.

It also has to meet a certain standard, otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to sell it.
Jet Fuel - jc
Just remember that the make shown on the pump is not necessarily the same as in the station's tank-the fuel just has to meet the specification shown on the pump.One refinery may be supplying any number of different sites.Vauxhall had serious problems with their engines because tanker drivers were putting the additives into the fuel themselves.A splash in the front tank of the tanker,another in the second and by the time they'd got to the back tank,they still had half a can of additive,so,it all gets put in the last one.Supermarkets don't own refineries so they buy their fuel where they can;there used to be(and probably still is) a steady market for so-called "white-pump"fuel ie.not branded.
Jet Fuel - L'escargot
This website should answer most of the questions about Jet fuels and the parent company conocoPhillips

www.conocophillips.co.uk/stations/retailfuels/inde...m
--
L'escargot.
Jet Fuel - bert-j
Slightly off the point, just before Christmas I had a hire car. The low fuel warning light came on, it was dark and wet so I panicked slightly and drove into the first garage I came across. I vaguely remembered it as a BP garage. It was only when I was filling the tank that I noticed the BP logo on the pump had been painted out and that the pump display showed 99.9p a litre for unleaded! Went to pay at an extremely scruffy cash desk and queried the price. Told in no uncertain terms by a large man guarded by an equally large alsatian "that's our price mate; if you don't pay we'll grab your so and so car". I paid and left in a hurry. The next garage down the road had unleaded at 85p!
Jet Fuel - Roberson
I can only comment on personal experience, but my car runs best on Jet (generally smoother). Only downfall is, I can never get the same fuel economy from it??
Jet Fuel - Marc
In the 70s and 80s when my dad drove Fords he used to say that Jet petrol made his engine 'pink'. He now buys the cheapest fuel whatever it is.

I personally find that my cars (especially the Merc I used to have) run a bit 'flat' on Jet, Murco and supermarket brands but its probably me imagining that.

I read a thread on here a while ago that said that all the base fuel was the same and that the tanker driver added additive at the filling station where applicable.

I pay 85.9 for Total unleaded personally.