VR-4, Legacy TT or ??? - Chris75
Looking for some suggestions and possibly comments from anyone who has owned the above.

After toying with the idea of buying a 944 a while back to run along with my Mondeo, I have now changed plan completely. The Mondeo has gone and I am now after some suggestions for a new (used) car.

Requirements are as follows: -

Must be FAST.
Auto preferred.
Lots of toys.
Looking for something that will cruise effortlessly on the motorway and be relaxing but give a smile on the twistys .

I had a brief go in a Toyota Soarer 2.5TT. This may be a contender but I'm not really a fan of the styling.

Thoughts so far have been VR-4 (legnum), Legacy Twin Turbo, Toyota Aristo (Lexus GS)? (Very hard to find) or a big engine 5 series.

Budget is around 6k.
VR-4, Legacy TT or ??? - nutty_nissan
All the cars you mention are quite rare and will take you a long time to find one in good nick. Bite the bullet and get an old 535 or 540. Great cruisers and great on the twisties.
VR-4, Legacy TT or ??? - Aprilia
I've seen quite a few nice Legnums - not difficult to find if you go to an importer.
VR-4, Legacy TT or ??? - T Lucas
All of the above,but the Aristo is something else with the 2.5 twin turbo,dont forget the Skyline,and the VR4 is very good,all rather thirsty but good fun.
VR-4, Legacy TT or ??? - Sprice
Supra twin turbo or Nissan 300ZX twin turbo are within budget.
VR-4, Legacy TT or ??? - Martin Devon
What is a "Legnum"?? for heavens sake, or should I get out more?

A chap close (ish) to me has a subaru, (I think), B4? four door saloon and auto and goes like stink and he probably wants to sell. Don't know age, but could make enquiries if required or get his number.

VBR.........MD.
VR-4, Legacy TT or ??? - Adam {P}
Isn't the Legnum the Galant estate?
VR-4, Legacy TT or ??? - Wilco {P}
More info on the Legacy available at -

www.uklegacy.com/
VR-4, Legacy TT or ??? - Chris75
Hi all.

Yes, the Legnum is the imported estate version of the Galant. There is, surprisingly, quite a few around.

Re the Supra - I had kind of discounted these on looks alone but maybe i'm being a little hasty. I think it may be the same engine as the Aristo with a bigger displacement. Has anyone owned a Supra (Mk1V I Think). How would it be for everyday driving?

By far the easiest to source would be the BMW option. I must admit this is growing on me.
VR-4, Legacy TT or ??? - P 2501
I can recommend the VR4, superb.

So are the V8 5 series though...