How much negotiateing leaway - Navara Van man
I am curently looking at buying a second hand merc sprinter and have found one for 7000 plus vat. considering the mieladge and the condition and extras eg air con elw etc the price seems reasnable but how much do you think I can get away with hagiling off the price.

What sort of mark up would the seller add on for negotiating? Previously, although all my motor purcases have been sound I have always felt that I could bought have got a bit less.

Paul
How much negotiateing leaway - bell boy
your lucky to find one with a/c make sure it works and if it does get it bought if price is right.
How much negotiateing leaway - Navara Van man
Air con worked well. Would you look at paying close to the asking price ie 200 less or a bit more eg 500less.
How much negotiateing leaway - L'escargot
I don't think there's a definitive answer to this one. Suck it and see. Start at your lowest price and work upwards until the seller agrees. It depends on how keen they are to sell the vehicle, and how keen you are to buy it. If they don't like your tactics I'm sure they will let you know, and if they don't ~ so what.
--
L\'escargot.
How much negotiateing leaway - expat
See if you can find out how long it has been up for sale by looking at back numbers of Autotrader and classifieds. If he has been trying to shift it for weeks then you can certainly try for a big discount. It pays to keep the old newspapers for at least a couple of months!
How much negotiateing leaway - blue_haddock
Personally I'd go in with a very low opening bid - worst he can say is no! If it's up for £7k i'd open with £5k and haggle from there. If it is with a trader i'm sure he'd be open to negotiation as this time of year is very quiet within the trade and any sale would be welcomed with open arms.
How much negotiateing leaway - Vansboy
Year Model Engine Miles Owners & I'll give my estimate!!

Are you anywhere near Manchester - The Belle Vue British Car Auction site there, has Ex Merc Contract hire Sprinters, sold there - cut out the middleman!!

VB

VB
How Air con and much negotiateing leaway - Navara Van man
VB, Mwb 316 02reg Air con and Elw, Ply lined with bulkhead 80,000 on clock. Body work tidy. one previouse owner aparently previusly used to transport leaflets etc by a printing firm.

Sadly i live in south wales so manchester is abit far!

Dealer asking £7000 plus Vat.

Regards Paul
How Air con and much negotiateing leaway - Vansboy
Do you mean 2 OWNERS - or just the printing firm - not that it'll make much difference, but worth confirming mileage, with first owner, if you can.

I'd be catious of this type of use - VERY heavy payload, in a concentrated area - is the floor lining damaged - or worse still, NEW - hiding bends & buckling - you should see the state, of vans floors, after carrying newspapers!!

I'd say the guys got nearly £2000 margin in the vehicle - so depending on how well he's prepared it, you've room for a good discount.

Saying that, if the van is as genuine, as you think, the miles are atractive, compared to plenty of others, around!!

Have you considered the auctions, more locally to you - if you've the time. you could end up saving £$£$£

VB

How Air con and much negotiateing leaway - bell boy
i reckon that the traders got nearer 5@1/2 in that and if he is a van trader i dont reckon you will get much off at all.It sounds a good low mileage specced van,do definately ring the previous owner/s for a mileage check an honest trader will show you the v5 with the names on if hes got it,alternativly ask to see if hes done a mileage check with a hpi report and look at that, these confirmations can take weeks to obtain mind.As said if it does your job speak to the man,but a good warranty can sometimes be better than a dollop of money off if he is a van trader of repute he would rather give a warranty than a cash discount for a trade sale ,i know i would