Megane dynamique trim seat wear - roymegane
I have a Megane 1.5 DCi 100 sports tourer in dynamique trim level. It is less than 2 years old and 9000 miles. The only problem so far is the drivers seat is already showing signs of the pattern wearing off and the side bolster pile roughing up. I have never had any previous cars suffer from seat wear even after 6 years and 80k miles.
Renault dealers refuse to accept under warranty as considered to be " general wear and tear". One suggested I move the seat back each time to avoid contacting the side bolster when getting in or out!! Honestly, I am the sole driver and only 11 stone, so can not be accused of being on the large size.
Renault UK suggested I hawk it around different dealers until I found one that was prepared to claim under warranty and would not even send out an engineer to inspect it, purely relying on the dealers decision.
Any one else had a similar problem with this trim level?
Apart from never buying a Renault again, can anybody offer advice on how to get Renault to respond?
(other than this, the car is much better than the equivalent Focus estate I had previously)
Thanks, Roy
Megane dynamique trim seat wear - Altea Ego
I did 46k miles in two years in a Laguna Dynamique trim. No sign of seat wear at all.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Megane dynamique trim seat wear - Armitage Shanks {p}
Not exactly an answer to your question but I had a minor and expensive failure of the sunvisor (with electrically lit mirror etc) in my 307. A 50p clip had failed but the whole unit had to be replaced; the supplying dealer said it wasn't a warranty matter so I took it to another dealer who said that it was and ordered the part. I do suggest that you take it round the dealers; in the end it costs them nothing - the repair will come out of Renault's pocket
Megane dynamique trim seat wear - roymegane
Thanks for reply. Dealer will not take the risk of changing the seat incase Renault will not settle warranty claim - suggested that I pay up front and then reimbersed if Renault pay up.
Megane dynamique trim seat wear - mare
I used to get this in my old Octavia. The rivets on my jeans caught the seat and over time ripped a hole in the seat. I never bothered to do anything with it, but it's not unique to Renault.

still pretty though, as other suggested, take it round a couple of dealers.
Megane dynamique trim seat wear - Xileno {P}
I have exactly the same car but the hatchback rather than the tourer. My seats in Dynamique trim are absolutely fine, no wear at all. Mine is a '53' 2004 model with 15K on the clock.

I can only assume that you got a bad seat covering since I have not heard of this problem with Renaults and my previous Laguna did 180K and was still looking good.

I agree with your comment about the Focus as well. I find the Megane to be a better all round car with the exception of the steering which was sharper on the Ford.