Lanarkshire to Center Parcs Nottingham - BobbyG
Taking the family down to Center Parcs Mon to Fri next week.

Route will be

M74 - M6 - A66 - A/M1 - A614

Anyone live near these routes have any knowledge of anything I should be aware of eg. planned or current roadworks etc etc?

Also, could the same people post a note on here Mon am. letting me know what the weather is like in your area? :)
Lanarkshire to Center Parcs Nottingham - Armitage Shanks {p}
I'll look out of the window Monday morning and post something but IF I forget you can get a an actual and a forecast at
www.bbc.co.uk/weather and put in the place name for which you want the information. Link is

www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2803
Lanarkshire to Center Parcs Nottingham - cumfray1
Whereabouts in Notts is Centre Parcs?
Lanarkshire to Center Parcs Nottingham - Hamsafar
North Notts, near Mansfield, Edwinstowe etc...
Cheers AS for that.
Lanarkshire to Center Parcs Nottingham - Armitage Shanks {p}
Weather near Grantham at 0812. cloud base 2000 ft light wind, roads damp, temp +2C and virtually no wind. Have a good break/holiday
Again, AS, thanks for that info!
Journey there and back, no problem.

Intrigued by the roadworks on the A1 where its 3 lanes wide and both outside lanes are coned off, not a sign off any work being done, not even a pick up or anything. So of course 50mph limits and down to 40 at one point. At end of roadworks, road goes to 2 lanes and limit back up to 70mph. Mmmm

Also, to the male driver of the Rover 25 on the A66, do you think it was appropriate to overtake, firstly on a blind summit, and then across solid double white lines, just after the sign that said "159 casualties on this stretch of road in last 5 years". When you do kill yourself, I hope it is against a tree and not another innocent driver.
Lanarkshire to Center Parcs Nottingham - Hamsafar
You must have been going slowly, I haven't seen a Rover go more than 43mph in years!
Lanarkshire to Center Parcs Nottingham - Adam {P}
This is so odd. I was actually having fun keeping up with a 400 saloon of all things the other day. It was really quite a refreshing surprise.

I'm sure he thought I was a cop - after a long speedy run, he slowed right down and went at- yep - 43mph!!!