Vectra 04 - Computer out of 'cal'? - wonderwheels
Not sure if this is even a fault as such.I had a new computer screen fitted to my car around 2 months ago.On several occasions I have noticed when I fill up,the oddometer and the computer reading don't match up.The other day,with my tank almost empty,I put £10 in and my computer showed 19 miles remaining.It can then reach 0 and I have loads of miles left.On a full tank,it shows 360 miles and I'm sure when I originally got the car,this was over the 400 mark.Am I being over critical/paranoid??
Vectra 04 - Computer out of 'cal'? - Hamsafar
Sounds to me as though the dealer entered the incorrect designation codes. They have to choose your vehicle off a matrix of wheel/tyre sizes, engine, spec (weight), etc... and programme in the code with TECH2.
Vectra 04 - Computer out of 'cal'? - Dynamic Dave
My fuel computer behaves in much the same way. It can often read zero miles left when I still have just under a ¼ of a tank of fuel remaining. I was told it needed a journey of 15 miles (or was it 25?) to accurately read. My mpg also over-reads by about 1½ mpg as well when comparing the figures with a calculator.

My Vectra-B had a much more accurate fuel computer on it.