Virus - BIG WARNING! - ian (cape town)
Gordon [p.gordon@sosi.net]

Gordon - I assume you are a contributor here.

This came in today from my company's IT monkeys - the Gordon's msg arrived soon afterwards...

The latest virus making it's rounds: subject line "new photos from my party" please delete immediately, also clear it from your deleted items box.

W32.Myparty@mm is a mass-mailing email worm. It has the following characteristics:
Subject: new photos from my party!

My party... It was absolutely amazing!
I have attached my web page with new photos!
If you can please make color prints of my photos. Thanks!

The worm sends email to all contacts in your Windows address book, and to email addresses that if finds in the Outlook Express Inboxes and folders.

In addition, the worm sends a message to the author so that the author can track the worm.

On NT/2000/XP systems, the worm drops a backdoor Trojan that allows a hacker to control your system. NAV will detect this as Backdoor.Myparty.

Finally, if the file name of the worm is Access. , it may launch your Web browser to http:/www.disney.com. However, the worm does not contain code which can generate a file with the name Access. , so it is highly unlikely that this will trigger.
Also Known As: W32/Myparty@MM, WORM_MYPARTY.A, W32/MyParty-A, Win32.MyParty, I-Worm.Myparty