Wheels problem - Lawrenma2
I was on my way to work this morning, whe i noticed the road was icy. It threw me into the kerb, and my front wheel is buckled as a result.

I know places like Kwik-Fit sell tyres, but where can I buy a wheel, and how much should i expect to pay roughly for one for a Pug 106?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Martin
Wheels problem - Wales Forester
Any Peugeot dealer should be able to supply you with a new wheel. Although this would probably be more expensive than a trip to your local car breakers yard.
Be aware that your mishap may have done more damage than you can see. Your steering alignment may have been knocked out and there is the possibility that the impact may have bent some steering or suspension related components.
I'd make sure you get it checked over thoroughly.
Wheels problem - mare
Second PP, you can always use the spare for now, but do get the suspension and steering checked.
Wheels problem - Simon (Anne\'s Other Half)
Agreed.
It is far too easy to knock the wheels out of alignment. If you have damaged the wheel & tyre it's nearly a certainty that the tracking will need checking.
As for a new wheel, go round a couple of car breakers/scrappers first. The main dealers probably won't have one in stock and will want silly money if they do.
The 106/Saxo wheels should only be about a tenner for a steel, as they're pretty common - you might even get one with a decent tyre on too. If it's an alloy wheel it depends on how common the design and what mood the scrapper bloke's in, but expect three to five times that of the steel.
Wheels problem - bell boy
if your wheel is buckled, as already said you do need to check all the suspension components now.The balljoints on a 106 only pop in from bellow the arm so could quite easily have been moved by the accident.The steering rack may also be damaged and may have pulled on the bulkhead securing bolts,please get it checked soonest.
Wheels problem - richy
If you go to a part worn tyre dealer they will have loads and end up chucking them out for scrap steel. Will certainly give one away if you purchase a tyre off them, about £15 round my way (freeway tyres in shrewsbury, down behind JT Hughes Honda dealership)
Wheels problem - blue_haddock
For a new wheel speak to your local peugeot dealer - a brand new steel wheel for a 106 Rallye is only approx £23 so a basic wheel would be even less.
Wheels problem - Lawrenma2
Well, I took it to the garage just now. The guy thinks allignment is ok, and is going to fit the spare for £5!
(I don't have the tools)

He told me to go to the scrappy and pick up another spare for about a tenner.

Thanks, everyone for your opinions / advice on this. I really wouldn't have had a clue, being a new, young driver for only 4 months.

Martin

Wheels problem - Simon (Anne\'s Other Half)
>is going to fit the spare for £5!
>(I don't have the tools)

Please get yourself a jack and wheel brace/extending socket arm to fit your wheelnuts.

If there ain't one in the car you'll be up the creek if you get a puncture and want to put the spare on. The scrapper will have the standard 106/Saxo issue ones if you don't. He'll want another fiver/tenner, but it is worth it!

Punctures never happen in convenient, well lit locations with friendly helpful people around, so make sure you carry a torch in the car too.