Motoring items "Sales " thread - BobbyG
I propose a thread for all things motoring related that you have seen in "sales" that may interest others. Or alternatively, if you are looking for a bargain price for something.

I will start off - I am looking for a new pressure washer for about £60 - anyone seen any good ones reduced down?
Motoring items "Sales " thread - P E
Woolworths had some reduced to half price, £39.98 I think they were. Bright orange ones with RAC written on them.

Does anyone have an idea about what the new Ford winter offers are? I noticed that the recent offers "expired" on 14/12/2005...
Motoring items "Sales " thread - Yoby
www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=101146&ts...0

Looks reasonable from Screwfix

Y.
TomTom 300 on sale at PC World and Comet according to advert in yesterday's paper. "Down" to £249.99
Motoring items "Sales " thread - Wales Forester
I've found a great little palm sized torch for keeping in the car, especially during the winter months. It's called the Safe-Light Companion.
Ideal if you need to change a wheel at the roadside or you've dropped something down the side of a seat etc.
It is powered by a PP3 square battery (supplied), and the light is provided by a very bright LED which uses very little power compared to a regular bulb.
The torch has 3 functions when on, constant glow, high beam and flashing strobe effect.
Comes supplied with a magnetic / belt clip too.
£7.99 each or £5.99 each if you buy two or more, price includes first class delivery by Royal Mail.
I bought online direct from the manufacturer; www.safe-light.com/detail/index.cfm?dol=pe

If you order in December they throw in a lanyard too.
A budget model without the belt clip attachment is also on sale for £5.99 each or £4.99 for two or more.

This torch is for sale elsewhere (branded Nitepalm Palm4 - identical product) for up to £15. £12.99 each on play.com for example.

Incidentally, I have no connection with this company, I just like this product!
Motoring items "Sales " thread - Hamsafar
I have a very small red pressure washer from B&Q warehouse for £24.
Very pleased with it, it is very very small, and as powerful as the great heavy Kårcher I had from the 1980's. It isn't full of feature, but has auto on off, two lances, and is so light, you can drag it along the floor. If it lasts a year of warranty I will be pleased.

Halfords also have a few good offers (ie the prices are now normal) 5l Synthetic Esso/Halfords oil £14.99
Zip Wax 5l shampoo £7.49

Most things are still a rip off, £1.29 for the exact same sponge that is two for 50p in Wilkos.
www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7506576....m

Think I might go for the above pressure washer from Argos as it has 6m hose which seems a bit longer than most other ones. £49.99. And it comes with some attachments and, crucially, seems to have storage built in for the lance etc.

Anyone got this already?
Motoring items "Sales " thread - Peter S
Staples are doing the Garmin i3 portable sat nav unit for £129 today only (reduced from what was already a bargain £169 in most places). Small display, but full UK mapping (including perspective or 'birds-eye' view) and 7 digit postcode recognition.

Hope this is useful for someone...

Peter
Motoring items "Sales " thread - sierraman
This illustrates the downside to this idea-could have saved myself £31 there-still,I am happy enough with it.In spite of being small it is very clear,only whinge is the input time,but something with touch screen would be twice the price.
Motoring items "Sales " thread - Peter S
Always the way sierraman - I bought one for £169, but can't complain! For the price, I think its fantastic, virtually as good as the £2k system fitted in my BMW... All it needs is a louder voice...

Peter
Motoring items "Sales " thread - Hugo {P}
I'm happy to see how this runs. If it helps the BR then great.

However, the BR has been targeted by spammers in recent past - people who have simply tried to use it to pedel their own merchandise.

We usually get to these pretty quickly, then deal with the accounts that were set up to post them. Please be understanding if a genuine recommendation gets edited out as being suspicious. Anyone who is affected by this can e mail us.

Hugo - BR Moderator
Motoring items "Sales " thread - PhilW
Bought a 5 litre container of Carplan CONCENTRATED (not ready to use) screenwash at Big W (Woolies)yesterday for £1.99- it's good stuff too - saw it at £5.99 in Halfords.
Phil
Motoring items - Dynamic Dave
Talking of Woolworth's....

Clarkson's "Heaven And Hell" DVD, reduced from £16.99 down to £5.99 - as well as several other reduce priced DVD's I bought with my christmas gift vouchers.