MG BGT V8 - apm
Hi all,

Contemplating one of these to scratch my classic itch, in place of the ordinary BGT/ roadster I was planning to get. Downsides? Anything I need to be aware of?

TIA,

Alex.
--
Dr Alex Mears
Seat Leon Cupra
If you are in a hole stop digging...unless
you are a miner.
MG BGT V8 - barchettaman
What about the early-90´s RV8 - That´d scratch an itch or two...quite a few re-imports from the Japanese market coming across now.
MG owners club should be able to help with specific stuff:

www.mgcars.org.uk/cgi-bin/gen5?runprog=mgoc&a=&p=o...l
MG BGT V8 - Armitage Shanks {p}
Somebody, name escapes me, was doing these as a conversion until BMC cut of his supply of V8 engines and started building the car themselves. Obviously you would want to know which it was that you might be buying!
MG BGT V8 - Doc
Ken Costello

See:www.mgcars.org.uk/v8_conversions/rogv8.html

MG BGT V8 - Chris A
I've got one! (1975 MGB GT V8). Had it for 20 years, I've covered about 100k miles out of it's total 180k miles. It's in the office car park now, I use it all year round as an alternative to my Audi A4- keeps the mileage down. Fantastic fun, real character, cheap to maintain, turns heads. MPG hardly any worse than a 1.8 MGB. The MGR V8 is obviously much newer, but also much more expensive. Also if you are tall there is far more room in the MGB GT bodyshell compared to the roadster shell (inc. RV8)- the windscreen line is ridiculously low in the roadster. The only thing I'd say is that even if you buy a pristine one you need to be a bit practical to keep it in good shape, or be prepared to pay for someone to maintain it and pay their labour accordingly. Intrinsically a reliable car (it has never once let me down) but like all 30-odd year old cars they require a vast amount of maintenance compared to a modern car.