1999 megane sport - alex1982
Hello

Im looking to see if anyone can give me any idea of approximatly how much this little lot is going to cost before i go to a garage and die of shock.

The car makes a clunking/rumbling noise under turning right or left which i think is most likely replacement CV joints. I know these dont come cheap at about £50 per CV but does anyone know approx how much a garage would charge for this and how much labour is involved?

Also the car is coming up to 5 years old and has done 52000 miles. The recommended Cambelt change is between 60000-70000 miles but as it has been nearly 5 years it is in on the ramps anyway would it be more cost effective to get this done at the same time and is this a major job on this engine?

Thank You

Alex
1999 megane sport - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
IIRC the Megane Sport is an 8 valve 1.6. I think the cv joints come with the shaft attached on these. The whole job for both sides should be about 1/2 hour each. Change the oil at the same time. The cam belts are relatively easy on these, from memory the 'book time' is a couple of hours but the last one I did took around 3/4 hour. Fit a new tensioner.
Andrew
--
Simplicate and add lightness!!