Need a value - Merc E320CDi - Happy Blue!
MiL is looking at an X-reg Mercedes 320CDi Auto Elegance with less than average miles. Maybe only 20,000miles.

I know all the pitfalls about rarely driven cars, but just for record, does anyone have an idea as to its value both in terms of a private sale and on the dealers forecourt.

Thanks

--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Need a value - Merc E320CDi - kevls
0404 MERCEDES E270 CDI ELEGANCE AUTO finished in Travertine Beige metallic with Anthracite Leather. One owner from new with 9,000 miles and full Mercedes service history. Specification including Climate control, alloys, cruise, CD multiplay, parktronic, folding mirrors and MFSW. Cost new £34,000. Main dealer price £30,000.

BENSON CASH PRICE £26,995

Need a value - Merc E320CDi - Armitage Shanks {p}
And the relevance of this information to a man who wants a valuation for an X reg car is???????
this website www.parkers.co.uk/ eill give you a good valulation.
Need a value - Merc E320CDi - Wales Forester
Glasses come up with these trade-in prices, I've assumed it's a 2001 X;

Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI Elegance
3.2TD Diesel 4-door Saloon
5 Speed Automatic Rear Wheel Drive
Year: 2001 X
Mileage: 20,000

Part-exchange Price:
Excellent condition:
£12300
Average condition:
£11000
Below average condition:
£9660
Please note: Unfortunately, we don't have a valuation for the requested mileage. However, we can value this car at 30,000 miles.

Glass's even....
Thanks Peter.

--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
dear sir you could always ring a few mercedes benz dealerships. pretend you have that model to part exchange and get a price from them that would give you a idea of the price you would pay.
kevls - I may get flamed by the Mods for this, but....you are driving me mad.

The whole point of being on this site is to get the information without making phone calls, which I don't have time to do, and I don't want trade in price, I want a purchase price. Please, please, please stop rabbiting on with no punctuation, no thought about what you are saying, no thought about the impression you are giving people about yourself. Please just tie your fingers up for a few seconds before typing the next post or thread and THINK!

Sorry Mods - i just had to get it off my chest.

--
Need a value - Merc E320CDi - BobbyG
Ditto
Need a value - Merc E320CDi - barchettaman
Just to add to that - Kevls, please contribute, ask questions, answer stuff, add to the discussion, enjoy the chatroom (it´s a really interesting site with funny regular contributors).

You´ll notice that nearly everyone at least makes an attempt to use punctuation. I don´t want to be all Lynn Truss-y, but it makes contributions easier to read IMHO.

Apologies to the moderators if it´s not my place to be saying this. I will now shut up, particularly as Mrs Barchetta thinks the contractions might be starting...
Hey - great - keep us informed. Does a baby seat fit into a little Italian barge with both parents?
--
Er, no. But I will be keeping it, with a self designed open-air buggy mount on the boot. Think of it as a 21st-century dixie-seat.
I reckon if I stay below 70 the baby´ll be OK. Rain could be an issue.

BTW if the MiL is thinking of buying a Merc, does that mean the Trajet is coming back to you, or am I getting my posts muddles...?
Need a value - Merc E320CDi - Dynamic Dave
And now can we get back to the original discussion please.

DD.
Sorry DD.
Need a value - Merc E320CDi - adverse camber
Is a merc this age still likely to have had warranty bodywork repairs - I'm thinking of all those rusting E class stories on the mb forums.

Need a value - Merc E320CDi - Stuartli
Just slightly off topic - I drove a 320CDI S-Class for many hundreds of miles and couldn't believe just how good the diesel unit proved, even though I've always like the Merc oil burners.

The car was as quick as the petrol equivalent (well officially half-a-second slower to 60 from a standing start), but with tremendous grunt when asked a question.

It also averaged 35-36mpg in out of town driving conditions...:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Well, had a look at the E320CDi. Its September 2000 with just 6,400 miles. Driven once a week on a 60 mile round trip to the gold course.

Body is sound, except a few dings by the elderly driver and scraped alloys. Under bonnet is pristine, but not cleaned - just like it came out of the factory. Inside is very tidy, just needs the leather cleaning - everything else is A1.

So MiL decided to buy at £9,000 after I drove it for an hour. It is a superb drive. Just what you expect a Merc to drive like. Smooth, with lots of torque and a great gearbox with Tiptronic which works really well. The car does not sound like a diesel and when you put your foot down, it sounds like a real six cylinder screamer with an amazing tone.

Having given the car a thorough inspection after purchase, can find only one tiny rust speck on the drivers side windscreen pillar. The trip computer was shaoing an average of 32mpg of suburban London driving over about 150 miles for the two days I drove it. Reckon on 40mpg on a 75mph cruise.

I think she has a good car and will happily take it over from her if after a few months she decides she doesn't want it. All fluids have been recently changed so what do you all think?

--
Sounds like a good buy at a very good price, thanks for updating the thread Espada III.
Need a value - Merc E320CDi - mss1tw
Sounds like an outstanding buy to me.
Need a value - Merc E320CDi - Avant
I think you've done well Espada. The secret is surely that the Mercedes's 1,200 miles a year were on weekly long trips rather than daily shopping.

It might be worth checking the tyre sidewalls for excessive wear from standing still for long stretches.

Let's hope for your sake that she finds it's too big.... then you can have fun finding her a C-class, or even an A-class, and even more fun yourself with the E320.
Need a value - Merc E320CDi - MichaelR
What an astonishingly good value buy, provided the low mileage hasn't adversely affected the car.

I only hope I am as lucky when I start properly looking for a 530d!