Insurance Renewal - machika
I have just received my renewal notice from Saga, for the C5, which is due for renewal next month. As I got a really good price on the Xantia from More Than in the summer, I got an online quote for the C5. It is about £90 less than the Saga quote, which is about £312.
Insurance Renewal - Adam {P}
I've heard that about More Than before.

Sadly they seem to insist on sending me (addressed to me) insurance quotes and saying how they can save me money. I tried to take them up on one of their various offers but they wouldn't insure me because I'm too young.

UnLucky.
Insurance Renewal - jc
My Saga is more costly than some other companies but as it includes an annual "greencard" in the price,it actually saves me money.
What does your 'greencard' provide?
Insurance Renewal - madf
My experience insurance shopping was Saga were prohibitevly expensive: I will not use the normal phrase I would use out of courtesy but I would imagine they make very good margins:-)
madf
Insurance Renewal - Falkirk Bairn
Try www.confused.com

Owned I believe by Admiral (aka Bell, Elephant)

The Confused.com site takes the details and trawls several dozen Insurance companies for cover. Also try your local brokers in the High Street as the same company can quote different rates depending on where you buy.

A few years back my son wanted cover for a Honda Prelude - Norwich Union Direct (his existing Ins Co)would not cover a young driver & a "Fast car" - he got the cheapest quote (by £150) from a local broker - with Norwich Union - i.e. the same company but a different division.

Watch out for quotes as they do not all cover the same.

Some companies quote hefty Excess (£400/£500) rather than the more normal £100-£250. Some include Green Crad & legal Cover - so watch you compare like with like.
Insurance Renewal - Hamsafar
So, BISL, Elephant, Admiral, Bell Direct, Post Office Insurance, Budget AND Confused are all the same!

Prices vary, but the quotes they send have identical format and variations of the same address and phone number.
Try www.confused.com
Owned I believe by Admiral (aka Bell, Elephant)

>>

Thanks for that.

Got some quotes this morning. The lowest were on a par with More Than but none were lower, although a couple had slightly lower excesses. The amount of detail required for a quote is almost enough to put anybody off completing the questionnaire. Why they need the exact date of an accident, I don't know.
Insurance Renewal - kennybase
One thing I'll say about confused.com is that don't be too shocked when the price you actually pay is higher than what is quoted on the list. My cheapest quote on confused was £350, but when I actually went to buy it, it was £550!!! Every detail was exactly the same so go figure! (It did manage me to get a cheaper price from my existing insurer though as I said I'd been quoted £350 - which was true at the time!! :-)
One thing I'll say about confused.com is that don't be too
shocked when the price you actually pay is higher than what
is quoted on the list. My cheapest quote on confused was
£350, but when I actually went to buy it, it was
£550!!! Every detail was exactly the same so go figure! (It
did manage me to get a cheaper price from my existing
insurer though as I said I'd been quoted £350 - which
was true at the time!! :-)

Did you enquire why you ended up paying so much more?
I had to make a separate application to Elephant and they were only a little cheaper than Saga.

Does anyone know why some companies require to know the value of any claims made? I cannot get this information from Saga, as the claim was made more than 3 years ago. Again, some companies want to know about claims within 5 years and some have a 3 year limit.
Insurance Renewal - jc
A Saga greencard covers you for multiple holidays(each upto 31 days)I believe for a year.As I usually go over at least 3 times,it saves me money over firms who charge for each one tho' their basic initial quote is less.