2004 Vectra 1.8 Service intervals - Ian71
I bought a Sept 2004 (54 Reg) vectra 1.8 estate a couple of months ago. Having checked the service guide, it suggests that a maximum interval of 2 years or 20,000 miles - or when the on board computer tells you. At the moment, the car has done 12,000 miles and the computer says that it will need a serice in 7,000.

Having checked the vauxhall website, and asked my local dealer, they are saying that the service interval is 1 year or 20,000 miles.

The car has not had a servcie yet, except the network Q checks. Does anybody know of what would be the correct service interval for the car?

many thanks in advance....
2004 Vectra 1.8 Service intervals - Dynamic Dave
If your dash display is saying you've 7,000 miles left to go, then the car has been set to flexi-service schedules. This is in fact 2 yrs or 20,000 miles (whichever comes sooner). Also the car's on board diagnostics monitor your driving style and this can also alter the service interval if the car is used for a lot of short journeys only.

The flexi- service only applies though if your car's oil is the long life stuff (fully synth oil and the spec is mentioned in your handbook). If you've topped up at all using anything but the recommended longlife oil, you've comprimised the service intervals.

There's been various discussions previously on long intervals between servicing which I won't bore you with (forum search should find them) but I got Vauxhall to change the service interval computer on my Vectra so that is no longer on the flexi-service. My service interval is now 1 yr or 20,000 miles and the relevant semi synthetic oil was used instead. For starters the semi synth oil used was half the price of the long life oil. I have no qualms with the oil they've used lasting 20,000 miles, but I still prefer my car to be given the once over annually. That and the fact that I don't do 20,000 miles annually anyway.

Oh, btw, if you do change to the same service interval as I have mine set to, the onboard computer no longer tells you how many miles you have left to do. Instead you just get a InSP message shortly before it's time.
2004 Vectra 1.8 Service intervals - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
If it were mine it would have an oil and filter change every 6000 miles. I dont buy into this 'fleet manager' service interval con.
Andrew

--
Simplicate and add lightness!!