vectra 1.8 spark plug gap - marty
hi all
changing plugs but not sure of gap on these its a 1.8 r reg also how easy to change brake pads
marty
vectra 1.8 spark plug gap - Red Baron
If you buy the recommended spark plugs, their factory setting should be right for the engine.

Certainly, if you buy platinum or iridium plated plugs then I would not even think of bending the electrode to the right gap distance.

As for cheapo plugs...I think they are a false economy. My plugs cost me 9 quid each, but they last 60k miles.
vectra 1.8 spark plug gap - Dynamic Dave
I imagine the same size as the majority of spark plug gaps, that being 28 to 32 thou.

As for brakes, if the same as a Cavalier, and you're referring to the front ones, then you'll be needing a 7mm allen key.
I imagine the same size as the majority of spark plug gaps, that being 28 to 32 thou.

Just checked my Haynes databook. Tis correct. Or if you want it in metric, 0.7 to 0.8 mm.

But as already been mentioned by Red Baron, they should come preset if you buy pucka ones.
vectra 1.8 spark plug gap - jc
Unless they've been dropped.
Which is why the carboard tube is fitted to help prevent that from happening.
vectra 1.8 spark plug gap - marty
thank for that all will get a decent set of plugs but will check anyway.
have got a 7mm allen key so will have a go at brakes tomorrow
vectra 1.8 spark plug gap - SjB {P}
My rule of thumb:

Excluding fancy "claw head" plugs and the like, 0.8mm is pretty common as a plug gap. In fact, in the twenty five years or so that I've been known to help friends and family service cars if I haven't been able to ascertain the correct gap I've used 0.8mm as a "guess" and had no problems. Where I have been able to ascertain the correct gap to use it has usually been 0.8mm!
thank for that all will get a decent set of plugs

Get them from Vauxhall themselves. Or if you're prepared to wait a couple of days, www.autovaux.co.uk .

That way you'll know you've got the right ones, and you won't have to pay a fortune for them either.