Route to MEN Arena, Manchester - Wally Zebon
On Sunday I will be heading from Scotland to a concert at the MEN Arena in Manchester.

I'll be heading down the M6 and M61, but from there I'm not sure where to go. I believe that the A56 is the road to take towards Victoria Station, but how do I get from the M61 onto the A56? From what I can see the M61 joins the M62 with no option to join any other road.

Also, are there any road works in the area that might delay our trip?

Thank in advance.

Route to MEN Arena, Manchester - Happy Blue!
Wally its easy!!

M6
M61

then at bottom of M61 take M60 signposted Leeds, Bolton, Bury etc etc.

Exit M60 about two junctions later at Junction 17 which is the A56 (sp Whitefield,Prestwich).

Take third exit on roundabout (signposted Prestwich/Manchester) and about four or fives miles further on you will hit the Arena.
It will be very very busy as you get within a mile of the Arena and there are loads of private car parks just off the A56 with men guiding you in to them for about or so for the evening. There is parking at the Arena but it may be full with Xmas shoppers.

No roadworks on the A56 as far as I know and I drove down it today.

--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Route to MEN Arena, Manchester - Happy Blue!
PS

M62 does not exist around Manchester. It becomes the M60 Manchester Orbital, so you may looking at an old map. Just follow my instructions and you'll be fine!
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Route to MEN Arena, Manchester - JH
Wally,
bear in mind that there will be touts trying to get you to park an insane distance from the MEN, so keep on driving. Don't think "ooh look, concert parking, I must be there".
John
Route to MEN Arena, Manchester - Nsar
If you come down the A56 watch out for a Truvelo about 3 miles in from the M/way, there's a fire station on the right just before it.

As for parking I'd get to within site of the Salford Van Hire HQ on the left and go for one of the temporary manned car parks about there. It's reasonable compromise between a few mins walk and actually being able to get away afterwards. It'll cost you £5 perhaps a bit more but the back streets of Strangeways/Cheetham Hill are no place to try your luck out!
Route to MEN Arena, Manchester - Wally Zebon
Thanks everyone.
I hadn't even thought of where to park, but that is all excellent advice.

Route to MEN Arena, Manchester - Dave E
Depends what time you arrive. Arrive between 17:30-19:30 and you will be guaranteed a spot in the Arena multi-storey itself, currently fixed at £5.50.

I was there last night for the Foo Fighters and use the car-park regular. The only down side is if you are not fleet of foot after the final encore, you will be delayed getting out. On the upside, your car will be exactly as you left it. I know plenty of people that have decided to save a few quid on parking only to spend it later on things like replacement glass and radios! :)