Caught Red Handed. - Fullchat
Most of you backroomers will know what I do for a living and I must share this funny experience.

I have hung up my Pro Laser and am now in the Training Dept. and responsible for new recruits. Anyway we are now on the Traffic phase with the latest intake and yesterday I was a role player who had failed to stop for a school crossing patrol and the student were expected to deal with me as they saw fit.

Anyway one is talking to me and the other looking round my car (which was my own), He comes back and says "You have failed to stop for a school crossing patrol AND you are using the vehicle with a fraudulant excise licence."

Thought provoking moment! Then remembered I'd taxed both cars together and must have put the wrong one in. Quick look revealed that the car is a 52 plate and the PO cashier had written in 02 on the VEL. Ohh Err!.

Rang the post office who issued and they told me that they could have rectified it on the day but now I have to visit my local MVLO. Marvellous! Wonder if I can get a free month for me being inconvenienced? Some hope.

Sharp eyed lot my students so beware!!!

Fullchat
Caught Red Handed. - bell boy
this happened to me with my current car, watch you dont get a ticket for not showing tax disc when you go to local mvlo,suggest go in different car to be safe
Caught Red Handed. - Hamsafar
I'm really surprised they don't print them yet in the way they print the shipping labels would help reduce alterations made in pen.
Caught Red Handed. - Altea Ego
"well done lad, well spotted, we get those fake tax disks printed up specially"
----------------------------------------
TourVanMan < yes its RF reborn >
Caught Red Handed. - BazzaBear {P}
They should lock-up people like you ;)
Caught Red Handed. - midlifecrisis
That makes a change. I know many an experienced bobby who wouldn't notice that.

Gone to the Training Dept...have you inserted your chip yet!
MLC

You are right there - I didnt!!

The PC chip? Can I just have time to reflect on that one?

Fullchat
Caught Red Handed. - Andrew-T
"Rang the post office who issued and they told me that they could have rectified it on the day but now I have to visit my local MVLO."

Now if you had used the new on-line method, the computer would have made no mistake ...
Caught Red Handed. - expat
>>Now if you had used the new on-line method, the computer would have made no mistake ...

If you don't use the local PO you will lose it and I don't think many of us want that. Trouble is that on line is more convenient for many things but I do make a point of using the PO whenever I can.
Caught Red Handed. - Andrew-T
"If you don't use the local PO you will lose it and I don't think many of us want that."

It's a bit too late for that - the managers have already closed 3 PO's near us last year, before the tax-disc system started. Oh yes, there was 'consultation', but the feedback was ignored, as we all expected.
Caught Red Handed. - Vansboy
& don't forget the ADDITIONAL offence, of failing to display a current VED (applicable to the vehicle) !!

VB
Caught Red Handed. - tyro
If you don't use the local PO you will lose it
and I don't think many of us want that.

But don't forget that you can't use just any local PO to get your tax disc. Smaller offices (including the ones local to me) don't handle this sort of thing. In fact, the closest PO that issues tax discs is almost 50 miles away. I suspect I'll be going on-line next year.
Caught Red Handed. - turbo11
you didn't get a ticket?.I am sure joe public would have.
Replacement VEL obtained today. All legal now!!

Fullchat
Caught Red Handed. - Hugo {P}
I used to know a Special Constable who was known in the Leicestershire Police Force as "Being able to spot an out of date tax disk at 50 paces".

His attention to detail was unique. The number of reports he made on this subject I'm sure stood him in good stead when he got into the Regular Police Force.