Reversing Aid (meta Targa) - KenC
I am thinking of buying an after market reversing aid,any reccomendations please. I have looked at the autoexpress best buy selection including the META TARGA a device which fits behind a centre located rear number plate. Does anyone have one ? was it easy to fit & does it work ?.
Reversing Aid (meta Targa) - artful dodger {P}
Hi KenC

I am not familiar with the Meta Targa reversing aid, but I bought a set of 4 sensors with a buzzer on ebay for under £30 last year.

Just run a search for parking sensor and you will find a huge variety to choose from. They are very easy to fit as the set I purchased included a hole cutter. The only electrical connections are to the reversing light and an earth. Should take less than an hour to fit.

Mine have worked well for over a year now and I would not be without them now.

--
Roger
I read frequently, but only post when I have something useful to say.
Reversing Aid (meta Targa) - Rover25
I have a Meta Targa on my Rover 25. Fitted it myself about two months ago. Quite easy to fit and works quite well, sometimes the odd false alarm if reversing quickly, but fine when parking which is when it matters.
Bought mine new on Ebay, there is a guy on there who sells them for much less than the 'shop' price. I'll check who the seller was tonight and post the details, but IIRC he's uses the seller ID Greyface.
Ebay Seller Greyface 2, who has a shop called Square Deal Collection is currently offering Meta Targa's at £60.
Thank you for the very useful info,thats a good price, I will look at that site.
Hi there, thank you for the useful info, please tell me did you find the quality of the no plate cradle/sensors ok ? any problem with the number plate rattling out or brittle plastic ?

thanks ken
The cradle is made of black plastic that seems to be reasonably flexible, so presumably will take the odd knock without ill effect. The plate does not rattle on mine, I got a new standard sized rectangle plate from Partco as I broke the original when removing it- there was lots of those sticky pad things holding the plate on.