Another Fifth Gear thread - Dynamic Dave

***** This thread is now closed, please CLICK HERE to go to the next thread *****

One of the better Fifth Gear episodes tonight.

Information on the increasing numberplate thefts, and how to prevent your car from having it's plate stolen.

As well as how airbags are made and tested, along with seeing if a 10 yr old Rover's airbag would still work - it did.
Another Fifth Gear thread - Stuartli
Agreed, apart from the somewhat flat piece about buying and selling the Puma at auction, which Mike Brewer has well covered in the past.

Good to see that the stunt driver came out of the Rover still in one piece - says a lot for the development of the technology of air bags even 10 years ago.

However, the testing of current and future products at the Swedish manufacturers was certainly done to a very high standard.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Another Fifth Gear thread - Marc4Six
The testing of the 10 year old airbag was intriguing, the thing that I found most interesting was that there appeared to be no contact between driver and airbag, either the seatbelt or drivers reaction held him away from the steering wheel.

This has always seemed to me to be a flaw with using crash dummies, they do not react like a living being, admittedly an unaware person may act in a similar way and there maybe no better method available.
Another Fifth Gear thread - Xileno {P}
Alas I miised it. What model Rover did they use?
Another Fifth Gear thread - SlightlyFatRep
A 600 but the seat was set so far back I am suprised he could reach the pedals hence no contact with the bag.
Another Fifth Gear thread - SlightlyFatRep
My Volvo has a sticker in the backdoor frame advising the expiry dates of the airbags.

It suggests the interval for replacing them is 10 years. Never seen this before, a 'best before' date on a car!
A 600 but the seat was set so far back I
am suprised he could reach the pedals hence no contact with
the bag.

To be fair they did say that the seat belt did it's job and the airbag was supplementary equipment. Also the stunt man did say right at the start when outlining the dangers of the stunt that when people like ENCAP do tests with crash test dummies, the seat belts don't always hold.
Another Fifth Gear thread - Group B
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was that airbags were first introduced on American cars, because so many US drivers used to drive without their seatbelts on.
In the days before NCAP ratings, they were introduced into Europe as a marketing thing, when safety suddenly became an important factor in buying a car. Before that, you had Volvo as the only manufacturer with its "safe boring" image; and all the other car makers were much of a muchness. Audi introduced its Procon 10 seatbelt tensioners, so other manufacturers started to fit airbags. How things have changed...
Another Fifth Gear thread - Bromptonaut
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was that
airbags were first introduced on American cars, because so many US
drivers used to drive without their seatbelts on.

I'd read that somewhere as well, probably fitted from early seventies. IIRC they were bigger and inflated for longer than the current type which are part of an integrated set up of pretensioning belts, crumple zones etc.
>>because so many US drivers used to drive without their seatbelts on.>>

I think you may be confusing this with the fact that when airbags were introduced in the States, many drivers began to stop using their seat belts.

As a result leg and knee injuries rose very sharply in accidents.

These American drivers had failed to realise that an airbag is a supplementary safety feature to the wearing of seat belts.
Another Fifth Gear thread - Group B
>>because so many US drivers used to drive without their seatbelts
on.>>
I think you may be confusing this with the fact that
when airbags were introduced in the States, many drivers began to
stop using their seat belts.

Could be a bit of both Stuart, this US site states "1969: Nixon administration proposes passive restraints in cars to protect unbelted occupants."

I'm sure I read somewhere years ago, that due to their "freedom of choice" culture, lots of US drivers used to choose not to wear seatbelts. In the same way motorcyclists are allowed to ride without helmets in some states.
Another Fifth Gear thread - bell boy
we had some number plates stolen at work and the police werent interested,to say i wasnt happy was an understatement.
Another Fifth Gear thread - mykie
sorry about this i'm new to driving, but how come the police werent intrested that your plates were stolen and what happens once they have been stolen?

thx,
Another Fifth Gear thread - dodo
Just watched the recording. Genuinely a much more informed -and grown up car prog than Top Gear. Anyway what happened to the German girl?
Another Fifth Gear thread - stevegolf
likewise far better and informative and not like that stupid Top Gear rubbish piffle which is really only for those with low intelligence!
I hope that forthcoming 5gear programmes will be equally sensible and informative.
>>which is really only for those with low intelligence!>>

I don't consider myself in this category, so why do I usually thoroughly enjoy Top Gear and find it hugely entertaining?

That, after all, is the essence of the majority of television programmes.

If all motoring programmes delivered a smilar style and output it would prove immensely boring.

In many ways, that's why the original format of Top Gear has gradually been changed over the years.
Another Fifth Gear thread - nick
Just watched the recording. Genuinely a much more informed -and
grown up car prog than Top Gear.

Doesn't the regular sycophancy between the presenters in Fifth Gear get up your nose? Hardly a programme goes by without one or other of them saying what a wonderful driver one of them is. They appear so smug.
I enjoy bits of Fifth Gear but I find Top Gear better entertainment. At least I get a few laughs.
>>what happens once they have been stolen?>>

Or might happen. See:

tinyurl.com/8ghft

Another Fifth Gear thread - Happy Blue!
I watched last night for the second time I think. Nice to Vicki BH on TV! Far better looking than the blokes on TG...

I too thought the Puma auction segment was weak - all of us on this Forum could have told him the outcome before the start. However the rest was strong, although the Civic piece did not mention the poor ride, unlike every print article I have read about it..

Number plate piece was an excellent bit about the law of unintended consequences. Make plates harder to buy and people will steal them! I liked the V50-Legacy shoot out, and surprised at the result, only because the Volvo is at least 18 shorter than the Subaru so expected it to handle better. Interesting.

--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Another Fifth Gear thread - bradgate
I liked the V50-Legacy shoot out, and surprised
at the result, only because the Volvo is at least 18
shorter than the Subaru so expected it to handle better.
Interesting.

I drive a Subaru, and fully expected the SpecB to win comfortably, but even I was surprised at the extent to which it hammered the Volvo. 2.2 seconds is a LOT round 1 lap of that twisty little track.
Another Fifth Gear thread - stevegolf
has not all TV programmes being "dumbed down" to pure entertaiment these days when you think how informative the William Wollard/Goffey TG was -a proper motoring programme which is what we do not now have in the UK.
Yes ratings are important but not the way TG has gone with the moronic ways of JC etc.
>>Yes ratings are important>>

I don't think it's a case of ratings in this instance, more the fact that the viewing public was getting bored with a formula that had been in use for many years.

Even Men and Motors brighten up its car programmes of a a few years back because they were so repetitive - with one or two exceptions even today...:-)

By the way it was on M and M that Richard Hammond first made his mark and even he's developed a much more outgoing personality.
Another Fifth Gear thread - just a bloke
By the way it was on M and M that Richard
Hammond first made his mark and even he's developed a much
more outgoing personality.

for a hamster....

;) JaB
Another Fifth Gear thread - daveyjp
The programme info said Tiff would be seeing if Britain's most dangerous road could be driven on safely. What it turned out to be was a road test for the Porsche Cayman which could have been carried out on just about any B road in the Country!
>>if Britain's most dangerous road could be driven on safely. >>

Did anyone else notice just how often the film crew's vehicle and Tiff himself crossed a white line or double white lines or touched the white lines with a tyre or tyres?

Fixed fine and penalty points job...:-)
The programme info said Tiff would be seeing if Britain's most dangerous road could be driven on safely.

And it proved that it couldn't. Courtesy of the 4x4 that nearly wiped out the Porsche when it started to pull out in front of Tiff.
Another Fifth Gear thread - v0n
> when you think how informative the William Wollard/Goffey TG
> was -a proper motoring programme which is what we do not now
> have in the UK.

I have just gone through 89-91 recordings of Wollard/Goffey's TG and oh my god, Jeremy Clarkson in Thin Lizzy afro was still the only watchable feature of that show. Goffey slagging Honda hatchback because of spare mounted inside the boot. Mad ranting of how inconvenient removing all the luggage in the rain would be, but completely omitting just how enjoyable process of removing under car spare in the rain was. Then complementing Zastava Yugo for "pleasanty square dash", wipers "that don't squeek at all" and "radio-casette player as standard". Joy. Informative.
Another Fifth Gear thread - glowplug
Thinking about the way they comment on how sportily or not the estates handled, I'm waiting for the day they review sports cars and test them for carrying furniture, bags of sand/cement....

I just don't understand the obsession with how fast a car can be hammered around. Every motoring show does that.

I enjoyed the rest of the show though.

Steve.
Another Fifth Gear thread - El Hacko
Anyone else irritated by Tiff's style of delivery? For me, he seems always nervous - e.g. can't keep head still while he jabbers. He clearly is good driver, but turns me off. Show's OK, altho'it suffers in shadow of money-no-object Beeb's Top Gear extravaganza, but not worth an hour's airtime.

PS VBH's delightful presence highlights TG's lack of woman presenter!
Another Fifth Gear thread - nick
I must admit, VBH looks good when wearing a tight seatbelt. Hmmm, maybe I need to get out more.....
5th Gear back tonight - Dynamic Dave
Channel 5. 8pm.

Let's hope it's better than the last series was.
5th Gear back tonight - Imagos
I'll reserve judgement for 20:31.

Don't hold out much hope though, it's the dreadful presenters which is the main problem especially that awful VBH woman and the man with no eyes.
5th Gear back tonight - Dynamic Dave
I'll reserve judgement for 20:31.

Not going to watch the full show then ;o)

On for an hour, btw.
Mystyped.. I of course meant 21:01
5th Gear back tonight - blue_haddock
that awful VBH woman

Where i come from thats classed as fighting talk.
5th Gear back tonight - bell boy
doubt it i wont watch it anymore its that bad.
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
5th Gear back tonight - Statistical outlier
I missed the entire last series, so I'll get the video to watch it as I'm off to the pub. The 'Douglas Adams' approach if you like.
An advert break already at 20:03 is certainly not going to endear me.
5th Gear back tonight - trancer
I watched it and rather enjoyed dreaming of being in the position of that lottery winner shopping for a supercar. Was anyone else filled with dread that he might pass on the 430 and get the Aston?.

The new MX5 looked boring, but then I never liked any of the previous models anyway. Wouldn't mind a ride with VBH though.

That Jaguar with the Ford Taurus front end was on there too.

Mr. No eyes actually had an interesting feature on cars you hire by the hour, though it will be of no use to me.
5th Gear back tonight - Stuartli
>>but then I never liked any of the previous models anyway>>

I'm amazed. I can only conclude that you have never driven one.
5th Gear back tonight - trancer
Nope, never driven one, couldn't even fit in it even if I wanted to drive it.

For me, a car has to draw me in even before I drive it, it has to make me want to drive it in the first place and the MX5 just doesn't do that. Never understood all the hype that surrounded them when they were first introduced and readily admit that it was all the fawning over them that played a part in putting me off them.
5th Gear back tonight - boxsterboy
>>but then I never liked any of the previous models anyway>>
I'm amazed. I can only conclude that you have never driven
one.
- - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -

I borrowed a Mk 1 1.8 for a couple of months a few years back, and driving it around our country lanes thought, 'this is quite nippy'. Until I saw a basic Punto right on my tail. It was the low seat and excessive noise that gave the impression of speed.

The car itself was nothing special and had a harsh ride with it. And yet the motoring mags raved about the MX5, which has lowered my opinion of these publications immeasurably.
5th Gear back tonight - turbo11
Agree with boxterboy re. MX5. drove a new one around 18 months ago and was very dissapointed.Far too cramped,too low and noisy.Still think of it as a young womans car.Cant see what the mags rave about.
5th Gear back tonight - J Bonington Jagworth
"Wouldn't mind a ride with VBH though."

If only you could shut her up... :-)
5th Gear back tonight - daveyjp
An advert break already at 20:03 is certainly not going to
endear me.

One of the main reasons I record this show - the American concept of an ad break 3 minutes in to the programme, expect one 3 minutes form the end (AKA Discovery Channel) in a few years time.

We have seen the first half, my wife's comment is if the lottery makes you that interesting (he must be an accountant, not a mechanic!)and makes you buy one of those awful jukeboxes with bubbles running through it she's glad she doesn't buy a ticket!
5th Gear back tonight - Roly93
Channel 5. 8pm.
Let's hope it's better than the last series was.

Nope !
What a waste of Vicky Butler-Henderson !
5th Gear back tonight - RichardW
Well, it is about cars... not much more to be said about it. But, where was the Jag sequence filmed? UK Reg RH drive, and being driven on the left, but it definitely wasn't UK roads. Malta perhaps?
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
5th Gear back tonight - martint123
But, where was the Jag sequence filmed? UK Reg RH drive, and being driven on the left, but it definitely wasn't UK roads. Malta perhaps?

From RatioTimes.co.uk (although it also says two Subarus at Anglesey rather than mx5's).

Tiff gives the first TV verdict on the Jaguar XK after test-driving it in South Africa.

repeated tonight at midnight.
5th Gear back tonight - daveyjp
The main press launch was in SA - IIRC one of the reporters became a little too pedal happy and rolled one of the cars writing it off.
5th Gear back tonight - bell boy
>> Channel 5. 8pm.
>>
>> Let's hope it's better than the last series was.
>>
>>
Nope !
What a waste of Vicky Butler-Henderson !

seconded...........i broke my rule and watched it .I wont be going there again.
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
5th Gear back tonight - barchettaman
This quote from VBH caught my eye in the Sunday Times:

.....It is an addiction that I have had since childhood. I think I can trace it to an occasion when I was seven, sitting in the back of a Peugeot 205 driven by my dad on a winter?s day......

Did they make 205´s in 1979? Or has the lovely VBH lopped off a few years? The BR should be told.
5th Gear back tonight - Stuartli
The Peugeot 205 ran from 1983 to 1997 - considered to be the car that saved Peugeot, just as the Golf in the case of VW.
Don't let pop stars drive Ferrari's - Dynamic Dave
Anyone who's just watched tonight's episode will understand the subject header.

Unlike TG, I don't think that one was staged. Whoops.
Don't let pop stars drive Ferrari's - Pugugly {P}
Yep - enjoyable to the point when I had to go out to walk the dogs, but I've Sky+ it for later, enjoyed the Masserati feature. Now I've been educated to enjoy TG, I enjoy Fifth Gear, it's different programme with different values talking cars which I enjoy.
Don't let pop stars drive Ferrari's - Round The Bend
I find "celebs having fun driving" features a little tiresome. I can just about manage the SIASPC feature on TG as the celeb is often interesting but can't see why 5th Gear want to match it.
_______
IanS
Don't let pop stars drive Ferrari's - trancer
I have to say I quite enjoyed the "popstars in a rather expensive car" bit on 5th Gear. It was quite amusing watching the very genuine fear on some of their faces. A few of them seemed impressed with the 911 (after Plato had his way with them and let them have a go) and considering that fact that they have the means to purchase them, I wonder if any of them will?.

The Top Gear "star in a car" segment has run its course, they need to move on or at the very least only book interesting stars.
Don't let pop stars drive Ferrari's - stevied
There's nothing better than seeing spoilt, indulged rich people be spoilt and indulged more is there?

I suppose it's about right given our worship of celebrity culture. I'd rather see people gifted at driving doing what they do best, but heaven forbid, they might not have the right hairstyle or clothes to be media-friendly. On a similar theme, Eddie Irvine. Why? Discuss. : )
Don't let pop stars drive Ferrari's - mike hannon
I suppose it's about right given our worship of celebrity culture.

>
Not 'our' if you don't mind.
I have a life and I don't watch television.
Don't let pop stars drive Ferrari's - Stuartli
>>I have a life and I don't watch television.>>

Which begs the question of why you are reading a thread about a TV programme...:-)
Don't let pop stars drive Ferrari's - stevied
Hee hee!

I DO watch TV (I do have a life too!) as there is a great deal of quality output about, whatever your interests... which is why I get confused as to why people watch drivel... I know one man's drivel is another man's must see, but sometimes I wonder.

Don't let pop stars drive Ferrari's - oldgit
Hee hee!
I DO watch TV (I do have a life too!) as
there is a great deal of quality output about, whatever your
interests... which is why I get confused as to why people
watch drivel... I know one man's drivel is another man's must
see, but sometimes I wonder.

And I am always very suspicious of people who claim that they don't watch much/any TV. You generally find that they watch just as much as the rest of us - however, I suppose that there are some saints walking amongst we plebians.

Don't let pop stars drive Ferrari's - Dipstick
Oh I don't know. In the last week I watched Top Gear - and that's it. No other programme.

5th Gear - 22nd May - Dynamic Dave
On last nights episode they showed how a spy photographer manages to get "scoops" of new cars.

Had to laugh at the heavy handed approach of the security at Aston Martin for questioning firstly the spy photographer parked up in a layby on a public highway, then later questioning Vicki and camera crew for being in a field. Surely if the likes of Aston Martin and Land Rover test their new models on public roads, then the security officers powers would be absolutely zero?
5th Gear - 22nd May - maz64
The only bit I caught was the 'shootout' between a Golf GTi and Octavia vRS. This feature used to consist of Tiff on a track in Anglesey doing a bit of waffle about each car before a timed lap - fastest wins. Good, simple formula, and I though quite entertaining as well as informative.

Well, obviously I'm getting old and am no longer in the programme's target audience. Last night Tiff did timed laps in both cars, but in reverse. (The Octavia won.)

I don't mind pointless exercises in pursuit of entertainment - I'm a fan of Top Gear - but any entertainment value for me was far outweighed by the disappointment of not actually seeing which car was fastest (going forwards). I know a timed lap on a track by a racing driver doesn't relate to my normal driving experience, but that much pointlessness I can take.

Hopefully, for the programme's sake, others enjoyed it?

John
5th Gear - 22nd May - daveyjp
He mentioend the GTi was quickest before doing the silly stunt. He did something similar the other week and drove with one hand tied to his body.
5th Gear - 22nd May - maz64
He mentioend the GTi was quickest before doing the silly stunt.
He did something similar the other week and drove with
one hand tied to his body.

Ok- thanks, I missed the start. I still think it's a pity - a 'normal' contest between these 2 would be enough to make me watch at least some of the programme (I only found it by accident last night).
5th Gear - 22nd May - Stuartli
>>He did something similar the other week and drove with one hand tied to his body.>>

Haven't seen last night's programme yet - usually watch the repeat.

However, I thought Tiff was remarkable in the episode in which he drove one-handed.
5th Gear - 22nd May - Round The Bend
Tiff announced the Golf GTi and Octavia vRS shootout as "Germany verses Czech Republic". Er ..... VAG vs VAG actually.
_______
IanS
5th Gear - 22nd May - tr7v8
Yup thought that was a bit pointless, although interesting comments, bearing in mind they're the same porridge underneath. Entered the competition, wife said would you want one, answer no, but I could flog it & spend the money on something better!
I detect a VAG bias on 5G actually, not the first time Jason has fawned over a VAG product.
Funnily enough I enjoyed 5G better than TG, maybe it's me.
5th Gear - 22nd May - Adam {P}
>>Had to laugh at the heavy handed approach of the security at Aston Martin for questioning firstly the spy photographer parked up in a layby on a public highway, then later questioning Vicki and camera crew for being in a field. Surely if the likes of Aston Martin and Land Rover test their new models on public roads, then the security officers powers would be absolutely zero?<<

I only caught that bit of it Dave but they looked like cops. Just what was the crew doing wrong to have their pictures taken?
5th Gear - 22nd May - Round The Bend
Hydrogen cell car bit was interesting. Shame they did n't give any idea of running costs.

Adam, they were n't cops, just looked like it.
_______
IanS
Ahhh It was because their Land Rover had blue lights on and their T-Shirts had a sort of Police looking crest on them that threw me!
5th Gear - 22nd May - Dynamic Dave
Ahhh It was because their Land Rover had blue lights on

The blue light board had the words "SECURITY" written on it.
I was watching it on a small telly ;-)
5th Gear - 22nd May - turbo11
Glad the photographer told the security people where to get off.Jobsworths pretending to be police.
5th Gear - 22nd May - Timaru
It's a pity they try to ape Top Gear (and fail). There's room for two motoring progs. on TV, leave the entertainment to Top Gear and target 5th. gear at the everyday issues.
5th Gear - 22nd May - tr7v8
VBH could entertain me, just don't tell the wife!

I'm tending to prefer 5G as it tends to deal with more subjects unlike TG where it harps on fewer subjects!
Old Mercs on 5th Gear - type's'
I notice the next episode of 5th gear on Monday night is putting the old W124 mercs through some grief to remind people how well built they were.
I thought these cars were fantastic (just like the Mk2 Golfs as well) - built like tanks and practically invincible. It was the W124 that aspired me to own a Merc. Now I can afford one I won't touch the brand until I am convinced they return to their roots and build em like they used to.
Thinking about it I may buy one for the school run - W124 estate should be reasonable now and hard as nails - even my kids would not be able to break it.
Old Mercs on 5th Gear - Tomo
But check Car-by-Car Breakdown!
Old Mercs on 5th Gear - Collos25
Good ones are hard to find in Germany and I would assume the same applies in the UK ,they are getting a little long in the tooth now.
Old Mercs on 5th Gear - Roger Jones
Long in the tooth, yes, but virtually all the problems are well known and remediable, apart from terminal tin worm (which is rare).

There's a dealer specializing in the estates:

www.w124.co.uk/

whose site is full of useful information.

If you do go looking, gather all the low-down from the Web and take with you someone who knows them intimately. There are good ones about, although owners are so fond of them that they tend to hang on, and with due care you'll find the bargain of a lifetime. This very day there's discussion in the MB Club forum around W124 estates going for £1000-£1500. Find one that's been properly looked after and they're good for several hundred thousand miles. Some dealers are still pricing them up to £9000.

I have a 1996 Coupé and a 1990 saloon, with not a speck of corrosion on either of them. The saloon is going to need a head-gasket job soon, but my mechanic spotted that in a pre-purchase inspection and it was factored into the price. That's one major item that seems to strike all the M103 and M104 engines at some stage or other, so you can figure that into your calculations for a start (a £400-£600 job by an independent (plenty around); don't even think about going to a dealer). And don't trust "full MB service history", because I have plenty of evidence of incompetence on the part of MB dealer service departments -- get an expert to inspect the car.

As I've been helping a friend who has the same thing in mind, I have a pile of information available. I won't post it here, but if you want it then send me an e-mail via the mods (who seem happy to forward e-mails on a very occasional basis).
Old Mercs on 5th Gear - MichaelR
There's a dealer specializing in the estates:
www.w124.co.uk/

How are these guys still in business?

The prices must be seen to be believed - £7000 for an N reg 140k miler?
Old Mercs on 5th Gear - Dynamic Dave
I notice the next episode of 5th gear on Monday night is putting the old W124 mercs through some grief to remind people how well built they were.

Hmmm, reminds me of a certain Toyota pickup that got *tested* on another motoing program. Wonder if they'll also put the Merc on a plinth in the 5th Gear studio?
Old Mercs on 5th Gear - Citroënian {P}
Just watched tonight's 5thGear - I'm not a fan of VBH at the best of times, but the Merc bit was awful, a waste of airtime, a car, effort and space on the recorder. Really bad.

Not a big fan of Tom Ford either, but his bit in Japan was really good - even better as I don't really see how it could have been scripted or planned, good tv and a marked contrast to the merc abuse above.

Tiff seemed to be having an off day, you can't really seriously be put out when you turn up at Ferrari's test track and find their #1 F1 driver takes precedence over you for the circuit....

Lee -- There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1
Old Mercs on 5th Gear - type's'
Your right DD - it only dawned on me while I was watching VBH and the W124 how they were copying Top Gear.
The problem was they made an absolute mess of it - it was not entertaining in any way - at least the Toyota had already just about had it - and it was an original script. The merc seemed to be in good order.
Unfortunately VBH suggested we would see more of this during the series - not that I will bother watching it anymore.
When will we see a Car programme testing cars on the road again and ones we can afford.
Old Mercs on 5th Gear - Victorbox
"I'm not a fan of VBH at the best of times, but the Merc bit was awful, a waste of airtime, a car" Couldn't agree more. Waste of a perfectly usable Merc. VBH checking for structural rust with a baseball bat - words fail me.
Old Mercs on 5th Gear - y2k+4
I saw it. It strikes me 5th Gear is desperate to emulate Top Gear. The thing is, I prefer Top Gear, yet I don't want to see 5th Gear become like it. Though I'm not a fan of it, I tend to watch it anyway, (it's cars after all) and quite often there are more factual, and interesting pieces of semi-real journalism.

It seems this shift has occured with the extension of the program to an hour too!
Old Mercs on 5th Gear - tanvir
The only saving grace of the show is Jon Bentley - his articles are always intersting and we should see more of him!
Old Mercs on 5th Gear - midlifecrisis
I was dumbstruck as she hit the Merc with the bat. It was utter trash tv. Driven made the same mistake and look what happened to that.
Old Mercs on 5th Gear - Dynamic Dave
I was dumbstruck as she hit the Merc with the bat.

Lets hope not too many impressionable kids / teenagers (delete as appropriate) were watching.
Old Mercs on 5th Gear - Pugugly {P}
Let themselves down badly with that Merc thing. That was a minimum of twelve months motoring for someone.....Damn I nearly wanted it myself !