Ice + fast driving = write off - David Horn
My dad just phoned, been in an accident in the ice. He was heading up a narrow lane in our horsebox this evening when a young lunatic with 3 passengers came down the hill at 40mph+ and couldn't stop.

Written off their car, caused serious damage to the horsebox (which was stationary at the time as my dad had been going slowly with the horse in), but no injuries fortunately though my dad and sister are a little shaken.

My brother is out there now with the Range Rover pulling the damaged car to the side, but suspect moving the box will be difficult as according to my sister the radiator is sticking out the front...

Ice fast driving = write off - David Horn
Ah - full story from my mum on the Horse and Hound message board:
www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/...3
Ice + fast driving = write off - Happy Blue!
So no naming and shaming on that forum then!

Seriously - glad that the people and horse concerned are safe and tolerably well. Hope the matter gets sorted pronto.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Ice + fast driving = write off - David Horn
Suspect the owner will pay up - one of their van drivers put a nasty dent in the back of my car by trying to force through a gap too small. He denied it; I went to see his boss with my mum and they told me to take it to a body shop of my choice and send them the bill!

This was about 18 months ago now.
Ice + fast driving = write off - Hamsafar
"Son has just rung there aere a zillion police there now,"

Yes, this will be to investigate you for "behaviour likely to cause alarm or distress" no doubt!
Ice + fast driving = write off - Bill Payer
So no naming and shaming on that forum then!

I *really* like that forum - let's all move there!
Ice + fast driving = write off - codefarm
>>I *really* like that forum - let's all move there!<<

"Caroline and her dad were returning from a dressage clinic at Grange equestrian"

Yes indeed, it sounds so civilised. I thought Blairy Poppins had got rid of everybody like that
Ice + fast driving = write off - Wales Forester
They don't half keep the swear filter busy on there don't they?!

Hope all turns out ok David.
Ice + fast driving = write off - Bill Payer
>>I *really* like that forum - let's all move there!<<
"Caroline and her dad were returning from a dressage clinic at
Grange equestrian"
Yes indeed, it sounds so civilised. I thought Blairy Poppins had
got rid of everybody like that

I wonder if they all look like Thelwell cartoon characters? You can just imagine Mum beating the living daylights out of the other driver with a riding crop!
Ice + fast driving = write off - madf
I think it's a wonderful site. Clearly a better class of person and more horsepower:-)
madf
Ice + fast driving = write off - Falkirk Bairn
Thelwell cartoon?

One would think that wouldn't one!!

From the tone of the website I think that flogging, cat of 9 tails, birching will be making a comeback.

For damaging a horsebox even Capital Punishment (after a good flogging) might not be enough.
Ice fast driving = write off - Mapmaker
:hugs: (sic). Anyway, I hope that it doesn't make the horsebox shy ;) (This is a motoring forum, after all.)
Ice fast driving = write off - BazzaBear {P}
:hugs: (sic). Anyway, I hope that it doesn't make the horsebox
shy ;) (This is a motoring forum, after all.)

I had a bit of difficulty with that one at first. I take it that it should be read as 'doesn't make the horse box-shy', i.e. afraid to go into a horse-box?
Ice fast driving = write off - Red Baron
"One lad immediately disappeared and two of the other passengers soon followed."

Now where did all those fox hounds and beaters and... go?
Ice fast driving = write off - codefarm
Yes... "release the hounds!" would soon have flushed them out :-)
Ice fast driving = write off - local yokel
> They don't half keep the swear filter busy on there don't they?!

I've heard horsey women swear enough to make a Sgt Major blush. Did wonder about the idea of driving the lorry back with the radiator hanging off - perhaps they think it's only there to provide heat to the cab?
Ice fast driving = write off - Xileno {P}
Oh I say, get your darn dorgs orf my land.
Ice fast driving = write off - Dynamic Dave
And now back to motoring. DD.
Ice fast driving = write off - David Horn
Actually, we did drive it back minus the radiator as it was only 1/2 a mile down the road with no hills. Given it was about -2 outside I think it was unlikely to have done any damage...
Ice fast driving = write off - Wales Forester
I think HJ is giving you a tip in his auction report David....

'Auctions at BCA Blackbushe first week of December
Thursday 1st
LCVs from 10.00am including sections from Bank of Scotland, Leaseplan, Peugeot Motor Co, Northgate, Royal Mail, Hitachi and Dagenham Motors.
**Modern coachbuilt Renault 2.8 diesel horsebox to be sold in Hitachi section at about 2.00pm** .'
Ice fast driving = write off - Mapmaker
>And now back to motoring. DD.

Apologies, I think I started that, with my visions of a horsebox fluttering its eyelashes saying 'darling, just don't go there'.