passat W8 4.0 - gasoil
I have seen Passat W8's pop up in trade adds for sensable money £10,000. I know these cars are a bit technical but are they any good, just thought it would be something special for £10,000. What mpg could expect I know it wont be great. Any info would be great.
passat W8 4.0 - barchettaman
This was about all I could find:

www.channel4.com/4car/road-tests/driving-impressio...l

21.6 mpg combined looks pretty punchy.
passat W8 4.0 - Morris Ox
Had a W8 on trial for a week when it was new and have to say it was a hoot - very quick, held on incredibly well with four wheel drive and kitted up to the windows. Didn't have the finaly flourish of a Beemer or a quattro, but better than you might think.

VW knew it wasn't going to sell many because it was asking daft money for what was still a Passat, one that was technically quirky and likely to shed value faster than anything else at that kind of price.

If you're willing to take what will inevitably be a financial hit (both depreciation and juice - the latter will be low 20s day-to-day if you're careful) then good luck to you - you'll have some fun.
passat W8 4.0 - madf

Enlarge
2002 52 Reg VOLKSWAGEN Passat 4.0 W8 4MOTION
4 Doors, Manual, Saloon, Petrol, 24,000 miles, Metallic Beige, MOT-11-2006, 2 Owners. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Climate control, Computer, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Front armrest, Electrically adjustable seats, Head restraints, Headlight washers, Heated seats, Leather seats, Lumbar support, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Rear armrest, Remote locking, Side airbags, Rear headrests, Traction control, Anti theft system, Central locking, Child locks, Full service history, Heated screen, Leather upholstery, Locking wheel nuts, Metallic paintwork, Radio, Remote locking with key card, Radio/Cassette, Tinted glass, Wood/wood effect trim. Insurance Group:18, £10,999.

G. Kelly Car SalesDealer's Website Dealer's Location

madf
passat W8 4.0 - Wally Zebon
I'd want a comprehensive VW warranty if I was to go for a W8.
They have a habit of eating engines I'm led to believe.

Check out www.passatworld.com/forums/ for more info

passat W8 4.0 - mss1tw
Radio/Cassette

Pure class, that.
passat W8 4.0 - JH
air con and climate control. You can't be too careful!

John
passat W8 4.0 - looking4car
how much were they new ?
passat W8 4.0 - henry k
how much were they new ?

>>
www.volkswagen.co.uk/company/press/passat_w8_prices

Has a lot of details including

Dec 2001
The flagship Volkswagen Passat, the W8, is on sale now in the UK, costing from £29,900

model range
On the road price £29,900 £31,325 £30,850 £32,275

pop http:in front of
//specialmoves.com/portfolio/passat/w8_site/qt_microsite.htm

for some animated views of it. A strange PR effort!

£10K for
www.automart.co.uk/Volkswagen-Passat-Saloon-484693...l

some comments from an owner www.vwforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=89

www.newcarnet.co.uk/Volkswagen_Passat_roadtest.htm...8