Mitsubishi Galant - Noisy Engine @Start - fraz
Hi All,

Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 16V 2000 Auto (X) 69,000 miles. Has a very good history and cambelt has been changed @ 36k in 2003.

I have just aquired the car and the engine is making a 'tappety' sound at start up which dies down once the car has warmed up (5-10 mins) and when warm it seems to be noiser than most engines when standing outside the vehicle with the engine running. I lifted the bonnet and left it running and the noise appears to be coming from the left handside of the engine block (the area with the plasctic housing at the 'end' of the block - where all the belts are located).

Is this engine naturally noisy? anything i might check or potential suggestions as to the cause greatly appreciated? amybe it just needs a tune-up?

Aside from this - it's great car with very good spec for the money.

thanks in advance for any help

regards

fraz
Mitsubishi Galant - Noisy Engine @Start - bell boy
suggest you take it to a good garage for a free independant appraisal advice is always free if garage is good (im talking independant garage) they may save you a bundle of cash if noise goes terminal.
Mitsubishi Galant - Noisy Engine @Start - fraz
thanks for the advise. Is there anyone else who ownes a Galant and can shed some light please.

regards
Mitsubishi Galant - Noisy Engine @Start - Pete M
You may find some help at www.clubvr4.com They are mainly interested in the twin-turbo V6s, but other Galants are also catered for and they are very friendly.