Mondeo 115 PS TDCi LX Auto - machika
Now, I never said Ford made bad cars, or that the Mondeo was anything but a good car. I have said it is not (in my opinion) much superior to the competition, including our C5. I have also never discounted having one.

Today, my wife and I paid a visit to availablecar.com, as we only live about 4 miles away. We went to look at an Alfa 156 but I did see the above Mondeo at a price which I thought was very good. It is an 05/05 model, registered in April, with about 5K miles, and it is priced at about £10,700. Parkers guide prices such an example at well over this from an independent dealer and even the guide part exchange price is not much less at £10245. Now I am not really looking for a car yet and would have preferred a 130PS model, but I would like to know whether the price is lower than one would expect to see for this car?
A thread with a Mondeo as the subject and no response in almost one and a half hours. Absolutely unbelievable, I never thought I would see the day.
Mondeo 115 PS TDCi LX Auto - Manatee
They're all wtaching Come Dancing.

Fords of Winsford have some 130s at £10300 with 10k+ miles (hatchback). If you know the relative value of the 115/130 that is some sort of benchmark.

I have just done a search on their site and found just one diesel auto hatchback, a 2003 130PS Ghia X, with around 40K miles, for £9599, and two diesel auto estates, both 2004, one a 115 Ghia for £11399 and the other a 130 Ghia for £11999. Not sure how this compares with an 05 LX.
Mondeo 115 PS TDCi LX Auto - Manatee
Sorry, multitasking (watching Come dancing); they were manual. Motorpoint appear to have this:

Mondeo 2.0tdci 130 Lx 5dr Auto
AUTO, Platinum, 13434 Miles, Reg 54
at £9600

Virgincars price for the 05/05 130 with up to 15k miles is 10999

tinyurl.com/bdq4f
Mondeo 115 PS TDCi LX Auto - Marc
Probably quite a rare car - diesel, auto in LX trim. Ford have never really had much success with autos although I gather the Mazda box they use in the Focus is quite good. The auto will no doubt drain the economy of the diesel engine to some extent.

Not too sure how easy it would be to sell on when you're done with it, unless you plan to run it into the ground.
Mondeo 115 PS TDCi LX Auto - Aprilia
Avialablecar and Fords of Winsford are the same company. If you see something advertised at FOW that you like, then Avialable will bring it down for you to see. They are good companies and their prices are keen (I have inspected cars for people that were only £500 above auction). They do try hard to sell finance and 'extras' though.
If you are looking for a Diesel auto then I'm sure this would be fine. Ford auto boxes are not the world's best though - but you probably already knew this....
Mondeo 115 PS TDCi LX Auto - DavidHM
www.tradesales.co.uk has a few 130 bhp autos on a 54 from £8,900 (22k) to £9,600 (15k). They did have a few on an 05 plate for slightly over £10k, I think, but these appear to have gone - it may be worth giving them a call if you can get to Slough and you can wait for one to come into stock.
Thank you for all of the help.
Avialablecar and Fords of Winsford are the same company. If you
see something advertised at FOW that you like, then Avialable will
bring it down for you to see. They are good companies
and their prices are keen (I have inspected cars for people
that were only £500 above auction). They do try hard
to sell finance and 'extras' though.
If you are looking for a Diesel auto then I'm sure
this would be fine. Ford auto boxes are not the world's
best though - but you probably already knew this....

>>

I didn't realise they were the same company, so that is very useful information. It is nice to know that they are to be trusted also, especially as availablecar is so near to were we live. I have been there quite a few times and have been impressed by the very relaxed atmosphere, with no hassle from sales staff as one wanders around. I would expect that they would push finance and extras but I have no intention of ever going down that road.

I have no experience of Ford auto boxes at all, so I can't make any comment. The one on our C5 has been excellent to date but I do wish it was 5 speed.
Mondeo 115 PS TDCi LX Auto - cheddar
Assume it is the Durashift 5-Tronic tiptronic type auto box then it is supposed to be great in the 130 though a manual still makes better use of the torque, it could be that the milder and flatter torque characteristics of the 115 suit it well, worth a drive. I personally would not go for an LX though, a Zetec or above with a few more miles on for the same price offers more kit and potentially better resale. That being said the LX has aircon, CD etc and the facelift ones a computer etc.
Mondeo 115 PS TDCi LX Auto - quizman
Is anyone else irritated by the woman, in the purple dress, who is on the TV adverts for Avaliablecar? She puts me right off going there.

I now see that they also have a 2003 130 bhp Zetec with 56K miles for £7499. This is about 50% of the price a new one can be had for. Does this seem a good price, bearing in mind the high mileage for a two and a half year old car?
Mondeo 115 PS TDCi LX Auto - MichaelR
Sounds like a bargain to me.
what is there to look out for on a car of this age and mileage? Does the engine have a belt or chain driven cam? If belt driven, when should it need changing?
Mondeo 115 PS TDCi LX Auto - Number_Cruncher
I too live just round the corner from available car. We went there when looking for our '53 Astra.

Unlike Aprilia, I wasn't at all impressed with the stock they had in on the day when we looked - the same went for Motorpoint.

If buying from this type of place, or indeed buying any second-hand car, I would suggest a very thorough check, possibly by a pro, might be a wise consideration.

Number_Cruncher
Chain cam, 56k not high for an 03, about 20k p/a.
If full Ford history the warranty will be valid until 60k and 3 years so if you buy it get all warranty work done straight away.