Vectra tail lights - Richard
Like many cars nowadays, Vectra saloons and hatch's have two tailight bulbs in each lamp cluster - one is a dual filament shared with the rear foglamps, and the other is just a single 5w bulb.

I have noticed recently quite a high number of newish (V-Y plate) where one or both of the outer lamps - the single filament ones - are not working.

It happened on my 2 year old Vectra and investigation showed that the bulb hadn't blown, but had simply worked a bit loose from the contacts.

I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed, or is it me?

Cheers.

Richard
Re: Vectra tail lights - David Lamb
Yes! Agreed! Loads on the motorway like that.

Having an older Vectra (which doesn't seem to share this working loose perculiarity), I'd just assumed the drivers either hadn't noticed the bulb gone, or didn't realise that there should be two.

Perhaps the start of a wonderful recall?
Re: Vectra tail lights - gwyn parry
Yes - mine have never been a problem after 61000 miles, but I have noticed a number of faulty lights on Vectras in particular on one (on an N plate) seemed to have the wrong bulbs lit on both sides.
Re: Vectra tail lights - Brian
Nothing to do with Vectras, but I followed a London taxi along a mile or so of unlit rural road. Neither of his tail lights were working, but the brake lights were OK.
Wonder how long it is since HE checked them?