Renault Espace 2.2 DCi - cutting out - SS069
Hellppp !

I have a 2001/51 Renault Espace 2.2 DCi diesel - loverly car but.........

When the car has warmed up, if I try to accelerate hard, the engine cuts out, it also does this on the motorway at @ 70/75.

When the car rolls to a stop the car will start just fine until I try to acceletade hard again. When it cuts out on the motorway you can turn the ignition off then back on immediately then the car runs fine again, but try & accelerate heavily it just cuts out.

When the car cuts out & I turn it back on the instrument service panel says 'OK'.

The engine does not smoke prior to cutting out, the car has just done 117,000 miles (with full dealer service history) without any previous problems.

I have read a few threads on this topic, but the other threads the engine will not restart for a while after the engine cutting out & the instrument service panel says 'SERVICE' whereas mine does not.

Any ideas before it goes to the Renault dealers for experimenting with at my cost ?????
Renault Espace 2.2 DCi - cutting out - Xileno {P}
Maybe this thread will help?
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=24...6

or you could try;
www.renaultforums.co.uk
Renault Espace 2.2 DCi - cutting out - Screwloose
SS069

There's quite a few possible causes of this. One obvious one is the fuel filter is clogged. Another is low fuel pressure at high demand from a scored pump. [Hope not!]

Around that year there was a faulty batch of fuel-rail pressure sensors. They're one of the few sensors on these with the ability to trigger a full system shut-down and would be my first choice as I've seen them cause this exact fault twice before on various 2.2 DCi's.

Crank sensors are always suspect on any Renault; but their well-known foibles don't fit nicely with these symptoms.
Renault Espace 2.2 DCi - cutting out - geordie(renault rte)
have you had it to a renault dealer for a diag check ???
it does sound like a pressure drop in the high pressure system
a diag test costs around £40-£60 well worth the money as you could use (stab in the dark diagnosis) start off with cheap parts
like filters and things but making more problems as you go
get it checked could be an injector leakng internaly ask the dealer if custoner care or warranty help if it something expensive?
Renault Espace 2.2 DCi - cutting out - Ross_D
We had exactly this problem on out 2.2DCi Espace, it turned out one of the injectors had failed. Dealer hooked it up to his computer and diagnosed the problem in minutes. One new injector later and we're back on the road!
Renault Espace 2.2 DCi - cutting out - Hein70

This discussion started a looonnnnggg time ago but will add my two cents nonetheless just to confirm what was said earlier (in case someone else lands here). I had the same problem with my 2002 Espace III DCi, 165k miles, and the Renault garage was not able to find the problem ('time to get rid of the car'). Searching these forums led me to replace all the injectors and the problem was solved.

The Renault garage did do a diagnostic test on the injectors and the result was fine. So this fault (whereby one or more of the injectors returns too much fuel at certain loads as per other forum discussions) is not something the diagnostics pick up, nor does the onboard computer flag the issue as a fault when it happens. The engine simply stops dead with no error message on the dashboard at all.

I did discuss replacing the injectors with the Renault garage but the message was: difficult/impossible since it would be very hard to remove the injectors. Seized in place... So I did it myself. I even built a solid steel special tool to pull out the injectors but only after building this tool (a complete frame to sit over the cylinder head with pulley to grip and pull the injector) I realised that the injectors were actually very easy to extract!! Ordered new injectors, returned the old ones to get some money back and the engine runs absolutely fine. I think diesels should run till at least 200k miles...