Daewoo Matiz - tangerine
Just wanted to say, I have a Deawoo Matiz and it keeps cutting out when slowing down, some times its ok, but very unpredictable. Its been in and out of the garage since Feb this year for the same problem, and I have paid out over £300 for it and its still not sorted, and it went back in the garage 'AGAIN' sAT 12/11/05. My car is only four yrs old. Could the problem be (as a neighbour said today) an Idle valve' (for all I know they proberly looked at that)!!

Just want some info or help on this.
Daewoo Matiz - Aprilia
Yes, I would say idle valve should be a first port of call - assuming garage has looked at everything else.
Daewoo Matiz keeps cuttting out - tangerine
So far they have replace tps,, said it was a map sensor fault,n/stk sensor,iac valve error and no. 3 injector failure. and various little clean on parts which i didn have to pay for, so whether any of them is something to do with the Idle valve I dont know, but I cant beleive a modern garage with all the up to date technology still havent resolved it. It is really doing my head in and I cannot afford to keep paying money out on the same problem
Daewoo Matiz keeps cuttting out - SteVee
>>iac valve error<<
= Idle Air Control Valve
So it looks like they have looked at the obvious.

Any water loss, oil loss ?
the car could have a small air leak, or possibly a blocked / holed pipe.
On some cars the IAC valve can be 'reset'

I'd take it to a different garage - the current one's done the 'computer says do this' bit. Perhaps you now need someone with a socket set.
No water/oil loss, just cuts out.The problem taking it to another garage is Im frighten I will have to PAY more money and there is no guarantee that it will start all over again
And by the way, I would never ever buy a Daewoo again on anything of theirs, I even called them (well the dealers who have taken over - Chevrolet) and got nowhere with them. I think it?s ridiculous that I have paid all that money out and the fault still isn?t fixed, I am not made of money, I struggle to pay the bills as it is. And no doubt the car will be in the garage for another 5wks or so to come back and still be faulty.

{Shouting amended. DD}
Daewoo Matiz keeps cuttting out - bell boy
as said previously take it to another garage ,one that a friend recommends this time,unless the last one was recommended by dave down the pub ideally it will be an independant garage explain all your woes to them explain that you were recommended and this garage will bend over to (a) keep your business (b) you will go forth and recommend it to your friends (c)your friend can bask in his glory.
A resounding success for everyone and the bad garage that cant fix a simple problem goes bust and bad dave down the pub ends up having to buy his own beer,and a good result for you,ps the 3 cylinder engine is not a bad little unit really if you accept it for what it is (when running right obviously)
Daewoo Matiz keeps cuttting out - Aprilia
They are alright so long as inlet manifold doesn't melt! (done a couple of them..).

This is a simple little unit - not reason why the fault should not be traced and fixed. I would write to the dealership owner/manager explaining the situation and asking for further **free** diagnostic work.
they have had a go and shown themselves to be useless whats the point in talking to a suit who will go home in an audi?
Daewoo Matiz keeps cuttting out - Aprilia
Well, last time they probably put a learner on it. If you complain they might put the one guy who knows what he's doing onto the job.
id rather have my money back,and give it to someone else,if the best they can do is put a learner on it and hope everything is hunky dory,what happened to supervisors?i think you are being very nice to a very uncaring garage aprilia,?i wouldnt send a car out that wasnt right ,hoping the driver would think everything was right ..............................sorry
Well got my brother in law onto it (who is alot firmer then me) seeing as I dont have a man around the house to advise me (he just died recently) and now the garage has to speak to them, once my car comes out again, I am definately getting rid of it, my brother in law is going to help me find another car, and help me write a letter to this garage
thanks for update let us know when you are getting new car and we can hopefully steer you in right direction,sorry to hear of your loss.
Daewoo Matiz keeps cuttting out - sirdave
I've seen this before, the only part not replaced was a wing mirror, perhaps that was the problem ? Do yourself a favour & part ex (dump) the car at a main dealer somewhere before you spend any more cash on it. In tlhe long run it will be a lot cheaper this way and you wil get a car that you can use.

Is the car green by any chance ?
No its blue
Had a cal from the garage yesterday, they now want to try and put a wire to the map sensor, and if that doesnt work they are gonna have to give me a new ECU. So to me that sounds like they dont have a clue what is wrong with the car. Dont I have any rights to this, I cant afford an ECU. Surely I must have some rights, being charge for parts that havent worked in the past, I mean, if the fault has never been fixed, why do I have to fork out money all the time for it, Ive already paid over £300 for this fault.
Daewoo Matiz keeps cuttting out. - tangerine
Ok, Just got my car back from the garage,and what they have done now is to run a separate wire from the ECU to the map sensor, but if it still cuts out after, then I will need a new ECU, which would cost me £450 which I have no intentions of having as I cannot afford that, already paid out over £300 for the same fault,and what guarantee that it still wouldnt cut out. Surely someone out there knows something, or if I have rights, it just seems so unfair. Ive bought it new 4yrs ago. come on someone, I must beable to do something without having to fork out more money. And by the way, there is noway Im driving it work tomorrow, cos if it cuts out, dont fancy it doing it in freezing weather
Daewoo Matiz keeps cuttting out. - Armitage Shanks {p}
You have got the car back with some sort of a 'fix' on it but has it worked? You say "If it still cuts out"; does it or doesn't it ie is it fixed or not? I see what you say about risking it in the cold weather! Next time you put it in for anything (if you don't get shot of it) give written instructions for "Investigation and rectification of ????? fault), then if it isn't fixed you are in a good position not to pay until it is. It may not make the bill any smaller though, I am afraid!