'94 Toyota Camry Estate - Any Good? - Rob Govier
I've been offered the above by one of my clients, sales director at an IT company.

FSH 122K 7-seats. His MD has ordered him to get rid as he has the oldest car in the company.

My brother is a Service Director at a Toyota dealer chain in the East Midlands, and claims Toyotas never break...

Apart from the HJ comments on this site, anyone any experience of running these? Fairly rare, aparrently. They seem cavernous but could be thirsty. And can't be fixed with a nail file and cable ties.

rg
Re: '94 Toyota Camry Estate - Any Good? - John Davis
Rob,
Is it diesel or petrol ? I think that this vintage Camry diesel was fitted with the 2CT or 3CT engine although I might be wrong. If it is, then, in my opinion, you would have a very good engined vehicle and, altogether, a very well constructed car. I have that nail file and cable ties, in the boot of my Toyota. So far, I have never had need to use them.
Re: '94 Toyota Camry Estate - Any Good? - Rob Govier
Petrol. I didn't know they did a diesel.

Anything major ever fail on them? The owner says that the exhaust front pipe has never been repalced.

My brother claimed that one Toyota did 100,000 on on exhaust as it never got cold (taxi firm - used 24/7)

rg
Re: '94 Toyota Camry Estate - Any Good? - DBE
I ran one of these a few years ago and it was as good as gold. Make sure that if it has leather upholstery, that it has a/c, otherwise it is unbearable in the summer.

The 3 litre is thirsty , the 2 litre less so. Incredibly reliable. I think I still have the retractable boot luggage cover somewhere, if yours turns out to be missing.
Re: '94 Toyota Camry Estate - Any Good? - T lucas
Its a Toyota,reliability is standard equipment.
Re: '94 Toyota Camry Estate - Any Good? - Eleanor Coughran
Great cars, Toyota's are top of class for reliability and build quality. If you are comfortable with the MPG then take the plunge I would be surprised if you were anything less than delighted.

Eleanor
Re: '94 Toyota Camry Estate - Any Good? - THe Growler
I though the Camry was a mid-size car only and the Cressida, of which I have had several, was the big one. In Dubai in the 80's to early 90's my sales team all ran Camrys and they were fine, if boring. Never any bother as I recall apart from the bangs and dings.