Polo 1.6CL Saloon Fuel Filter - kennybase
Hi all

Not so much a problem but a question. Had the polo for about 25k miles now, and reckon I need to change the fuel filter. The problem is - where do they put it on this car!!!

There is no Haynes manual for this car as it is the Classic Saloon model, and i can't see it anywhere!!

Any help will be very much appreciated.

The car is a P Reg VW Polo Saloon 1.6Classic Saloon 100BHP engine.

Thanks in advance.
Polo 1.6CL Saloon Fuel Filter - Robble
Good question!

I was working on Kenny's car with him last weekend and we couldn't find the filter anywhere!

Rob
And there I was thinking that someone could actually help me!!!

:-) Cheers Doc! ;-)

Polo 1.6CL Saloon Fuel Filter - Steptoe
Don't know the car but as no-one else has come up with anything I will make a (silly?) suggestion...

buy a new filter for the car then you will have some idea of the shape and colour of the beastie you are looking for
----------------------------------------------

One mans junk is another mans treasure
Polo 1.6CL Saloon Fuel Filter - Steptoe
'edit button'

Just re-read post to see you said *fuel* filter, my suggestion not so helpful after all; however agent may say "sorry sir, don't have one listed for this model"
----------------------------------------------

One mans junk is another mans treasure
Polo 1.6CL Saloon Fuel Filter - HarlequinVW
it's under the rear of the car near the fuel tank, it's best to quote the engine code when buying the filter (or any other spares) for that car, the saloons are a bit of a "mix of bits".
Thanks for that - we did look there but couldn't see anything so will buy one and look at the shape.
I know what you're saying about the saloon mix of bits! When I first changed the brakes, I had to go back 3 times before getting the right set! (First of all the wrong shape - but was before I took the old ones out, next they were too thick, and finally got the right ones!) Air filter, oil filter, everything - all seems to be complete gamble as to what they put on to that car!!