service history - zoodemon
hi, i bought a 3 year old car last year, which was previously a motability car, as confirmed by the v5. These cars are inspected every year, including all servicing and again on handover back to motability after the 3 years lease is up. I'm not sure whether i can call this full service history as i don't have any documents to say it's been serviced? The garage that sold it to me called it FSH, but maybe that's naivety on my part. I want to sell the car now so need to know how to describe service history.
Thanks
service history - T Lucas
If you have pieces of paper with details/dates just describe it as a 'service record'its really only of importance with MB/BMW etc.Condition and price way more important.
service history - adverse camber
Ring the manufacturers helpline - they should be able to confirm all details of things that a franchised dealers have done.
Ring motability to ask where / when things were done if the dealers cant help.

I think people do care about history - its a standard question when ringing up to view, evasive answers could loose viewoimgs
service history - kithmo
What does it actually say on the V5 ?
If you mean it was regisered as disabled taxation class then it does not necessarily mean it was a motability car. It could have been privately owned by a disabled person and never been serviced at all. Upon purchase I would have asked the seller for proof of service history, either a service book or dealer network printout. As far as selling it is concerned then as a buyer I would want documented proof of servicing or I would view it on it's merits as if it had no service history and IMO TBH you should advertise it as having none.
service history - Phil I
I purchased a Mobility vehicle 7 years ago when the car was 3years old. Came with fully stamped service book plus 3 annual service sheets signed and stamped with dates and mileage. Original V5 plus RaC Breakdown cover certificate. Invoice from tyre depot for 4 new
tyres fitted at 12,500m. Dealer was original supplier - gave me a 2 year parts and labour warranty plus no charge MOT after first year.

Would buy another except it still goes well, looks good (ok doesn't have air bags et.et. et.)but for me was and still is good value.

Happy Motoring Phil I

service history - commerdriver
Bought a wheelchair converted Berlingo for Mother in Law in June which was ex motability. We got several pages detailing everything which had been done to the car (tyres, cambelt, new springs), far more detail than a service history.
If your car is an ex motability car that information will exist, if it's not with the car then you should be able to get it from the motability people.
service history - zoodemon
hi, i've spoken to mobility who say they have the servicing details but are not allowed to release them. I can however tell the prospective buyer to contact them and they will discuss the details with them. It was very low mileage (4700) anyway so i think it only had it's yearly inspections and a 24 month service. The v5 does have motability on it as well as disabled car, which i had changed for free to avoid any problems taxing the car. i'll try and contact the garage to see if they have any details.
cheers
service history - Timaru

It is a condition of the Motability contract that the car is serviced as per schedule.