Bora Door Panel Removal - old_git
Help! The glass on my son's Bora appears to have detached itself from its holder. The car has electric windows. I have removed the door panel and been confronted with a metal membrane. Removed the bolts holding it to the door frame but I can't get the actual membrane to come out so I can reattach the glass. I can't find any more bolts, it moves sideways and up and down, but won't actally come out. Any clues please.
Oops. Maybe I should have said it's the front passenger window. Not sure if this info is relevant - or required.
Bora Door Panel Removal - elekie&a/c doctor
This is a very common fault on Golf/Bora variants.I would suspect that the plastic guides that support the glass have broken.With the door panel off you need to detach the glass from the carrier.there are 2 large access grommets in the metal panel that allows the release of the glass holding "clamps",usually 10 mm bolts or torx screws.Drill out the rivets holding the speaker,this will help access the mechanism.It is actually easier to take the whole assy out with the door latch mech attached,but you need a spline drive tool to remove the 2 screws holding it to the frame,and a torx to remove the lock barrel from the handle (behind grommet above latch screws).This allows the outside handle release cable to be detached.The panel & cable drive mech can be bought complete for about £60 - it is now modified with metal guides.

Thanks for the info and advice. Will scratch my head a bit more and give it a go. Thanks again