Scenic II brakes - BobbyG
Apologies for all the queries on my car but going in for service on friday and want to get anything done that I should.

I don't drive the car often, usually SWMBO drives it. However I have been driving it this week purely to check if there is any issues.

I have noticed that the brakes are very "snatchy" ie the pedal seems to travel quite a bit and then it suddently bites. There doesn't seem to be any gradual braking. Noticed it especially today when stuck in a traffic jam.

Is there any issues with Scenic brakes like this or is it just down to me switching from my normal car (the Saxo)
Scenic II brakes - Altea Ego
No problem BobbyG

Its becuase you are a: looking for it, b: used to driving the saxo, c: it has EBA, EBD and ABS - they tend to make the brakes feel a little "disconected" so you push it a bit harder and they grip.

Modern Renault brakes work extremely well but have variable feel.
Scenic II brakes - BobbyG
Cheers for the reassurance RF. I suppose if anyone on here is able to talk about benefits of Renault brakes it will be you!
Scenic II brakes - Xileno {P}
Agreed. Megane brakes also extremely sharp. Probably the same mechanical bits and pieces as the Scenic. Perhaps almost a bit too sharp in slow moving traffic queues. But if you need to stop quickly, boy do they work...
Scenic II brakes - rustbucket
Is there any issues with Scenic brakes like this or is
it just down to me switching from my normal car (the
Saxo)

I have just had new pads and discs fitted to my scenic 2 the brakes are still sharp but progressive.Before they were replaced they gadually became sharper and less progressive to the point that in stop / start traffic it was impossible not to throw passengers forward every time you just braked lightly also the brakes became very snatchy and noisy- like a grinding/ scraping noise even though the discs and pads were ok.

PS the garage also did a modification to the nearside top suspension leg / strutt. as every time the stering was turned the coil spring on that strutt rotated emiting a strange noise at low speeds,and for the third time the bolts securing the chassis to the body were retightened.I now carry a socket set with me so I can retighted as required- how scarry is that?
--
rustbucket (the original)
Scenic II brakes - Xileno {P}
- how scarry is that?

Very. Clearly something is wrong and needs attention. I would guess the spring is not seated correctly. Brother had a similar problem on a Cavalier.
Scenic II brakes - sierraman
I would suggest you get them Loctited so they don't come lose,a nasty accident could well be scarry.