A4 Service costs - nozmeister
Hi,

Looking at buying a nearly new A4 2.0 TDI SE (2005 model). Could anyone tell me how much the servicing is likely to be for a minor/major service?

I want to compare against a C Class (expensive I know) and an Accord CDTi.

ta
Noz
A4 Service costs - cjehuk
Minor Service - £260 ish
Major Service - £320 ish

Average interval about 18k with mixed driving.

Chris
A4 Service costs - CJay{P}
For the petrol intervals are around 18k, but for diesels intervals can stretch as far as 30k.
A4 Service costs - Colin M
I'm not keen on leaving even a modern engine for 30k miles without an oil change, but check how much your local Audi dealer wants to change the oil. Mine charged £157!

Story here:
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=33111&...f

A4 Service costs - cjehuk
In the time I worked at an Audi dealer (about a year in total in various uni holidays) I never saw a TDI make 30k. Most TDIs came in around 18k, with Petrols about 16k. Basically close enough to say they both need servicing at the same rate. I'm not sure why people have a stigma about servicing their car, but that's a personal choice. Audi let you pick the fixed interval servicing if you want.
A4 Service costs - Bill Payer
Ring your local (or preferred dealer) and ask them. And make sure the price includes parts, labour and VAT! If you're buying the car from that dealer then now is the time to ask about a courtesy car etc - get them agree you'll always be able to have one FOC.

Don't know anything about your circumstances, but have a look at the VAG monthly servicing deal. My daughters Seat Ibiza is £20/mth inc tyres (based on 12K/yr for 3 years). That's probably about the right price based on normal servicing (on her car it's fixed at 10K or 12mths) and a set of tyres, but if it needs anything else (like pads and disks) then she'll be quids in.

On the other hand, I asked Mercedes for a quote on my C270CDi, based on 30K/yr for 3 years, and they wanted £135/mth without tyres! It made me think very seriously about buying the car - I did in the end but didn't go for the service deal. Fingers crossed!

A4 Service costs - daveyjp
My A3 2.0TDi is showing 6,000 miles to first service after 10,000 covered. It's been pretty consistent with this mileage since it was new. My A2 did 23,000 and was still showing 3,000 to go. When I asked about servicing I was told about £250, oil is now £45 for 4 litres.
A4 Service costs - Roly93
For the petrol intervals are around 18k, but for diesels intervals
can stretch as far as 30k.

>>
In theory this is true, but in reality (unless you do 200 miles a day on a flat motorway only at 75 mph), you get about 19 to 21 thousand between services.

Costs vary considerably for the first service between £260 to £330 depending on wher you are in the country so phone around first !