Audi A4 Avant symphony radio - AR-CoolC
Hi All, a question for my boss (so please answer and keep me in the good books).

He has just ordered his next company car, an A4 Avant with the free symphony radio upgrade. I seem to recall that there is a jack socket in the glove box where a generic MP3 player can be plugged in. Can anyone confirm if this is the case? as the Audi site is a bit poor on the details of the equipment.

Cheers

Anybody?.......No?.............Anybody?
Audi A4 Avant symphony radio - Collos25
Why not ask the Audi agent I think he might know.
Audi A4 Avant symphony radio - ubidenmark
I looked into this a little while back for my A6. If the radio/car combination supports a boot mounted CD changer you can get an adapter which will let you connect an iPod instead - don't know about other MP3 players. Some adapters have full read capability so that the track data can be displayed on the radio screen.
Audi A4 Avant symphony radio - Bill Payer
I seem to recall that
there is a jack socket in the glove box where a
generic MP3 player can be plugged in.

I suggest that you're thinking of Mercedes there - my C Class has just such a socket.
Audi A4 Avant symphony radio - Sponge
I picked up my new Avant last week and there is no such socket in the glovebox.

As far as connecting an MP3 player, you can get leads that utilise the CD-Changer socket. I have an iPod, so have opted for a Dension Ice-Link.

www.dension.com/icelink.htm

It should be delivered in the next few days, so I should be able to provide some comments/pictures soon.
Thanks for that sponge, as sugested above I was probably thinking of a Merc with the plug in the glovebox.

Cheers
Audi A4 Avant symphony radio - Roly93
I dont think the Audi has this, partly because they want you to buy the Phat Box if you want to play MP3's.
I actually put an MP3 head-unit in my A4 Avant due to this same issue.
I have to say I love the Audi to bits, but they do make it awkward for you if you want to do anything that is not Audi approved or supplied.