Punto JTDi 2002 just a few questions - vsource
I have a couple of questions I hope someone can help with:

1) I have notice in the last month my gears are becoming increasingly sticky and I am having problems (sometimes at speed) at getting the gear I want, has anyone got any ideas ?

2) Random warning lights flashing before my eyes, I have noticed for sometime now that occasionally a warning light will flash up on the dashboard, by the time I look down it has obviously gone has anyone else noticed this and should I mention it to the garage (although it will be out of warranty)

Thanks

Punto JTDi 2002 just a few questions - Kingpin
I have a 2001 1.2 petrol Punto so may be able to help. The gears may be down to a clutch problem if it is getting worn it will make them slightly more difficult to select. How many miles have you done? I also heard that there may be gearbox problems on the diesel version somewhere else. Perhaps others may confirm this.

I have experienced the rapid warning light flash. Perhaps a tenth of a second and you wonder if you are imagining it. Usually a red one, might be the power steering light that flashes briefly. I think it may just be the electric steering motor causing a random problem. Nothing to worry about.
I had a problem last year with the air bag warning light being on permanently. Dealer traced it to a dodgy connection underneath the passenger seat.

How is your rear suspension? Mine squeaks constantly from the boot, I think it's some rubber bushes that are worn. Worse in cold weather. The ride quality is awful too, may be better in yours with heavier diesel engine. I'm looking to get a new Panda instead. Much more refined, quiet and comfortable.
Punto JTDi 2002 just a few questions - percy
Daughter has 2002 1.2 8v, the airbag light flashed on occasionally. It was under third year of warranty, the dealer took 3 or 4 tries at it before sorting it out. I'm afraid I don't know the final solution, but after one 'fix' some of the other warning lights were flashing, this was apparently down to the plug connection on the instrument panel. All that is now sorted.
Similar suspension squeak I'm told, the gearchange seems ok, but car has only done 20k. Now out of warranty, so keeping fingers crossed.
Punto JTDi 2002 just a few questions - vsource
Thanks for the responses; so far I have done around 44,000 miles and I am told I am very hard on the clutch, so yes this could be the problem (and add in the amateur rally driving), it is due for its next service some and I will asked them to have a quick look.

With regard to the squeaking noise, now you come to mention it I have a similar problem but it seems to be more noticeable in the winter and no matter how loud you have the radio you can still hear it!!!

One thing I did notice last year and this may be my naivety with regard to new cars and paying someone to do your service (dad stopped when I left home), that the Fiat garage I normally took my punto to quoted me £50 less than the one down the road. I thought that all dealerships charged the same; I am going to do some shopping around this year.

Punto JTDi 2002 just a few questions - farmerhuw
I had gearbox problems with my brothers punto a year back. I too had problems engaging gears. It turned out that after a fair bit of investigating the clutch pump was faulty! It cost about £150 to repair and has been fine ever since

FP