53 plate Corsa Servicing - Adam {P}
Hi all,

I've got a friend with a 53 plate Corsa 1.2 SXi but she's never had it serviced. She's done (she thinks) 18,000 miles.

It's got to be due a service now but shouldn't she have had an oil change somewhere between when she bought it and now?

Any help appreciated,

Adam
53 plate Corsa Servicing - mss1tw
I think the interval on these is something daft like 20,000 miles.
I've heard that but surely it needed an oil change at around 6?

53 plate Corsa Servicing - Blue {P}
Well, officially it's 20,000 miles or 2 years.

However, if you read the manual (which nobody does) it will tell you that unless you do all of your mileage up and down a motorway Vauxhall still recommend an interim oil change between the services. It's just no longer a requirement for the warranty.

It's basically a marketing ploy, and Vauxhall know that if the cars start to fail because of poor servicing they will be out of warranty so it doesnt matter.

Blue
Thanks for the help guys.

So if I ring up Masterfit tomorrow to book this in for a service (which is supposedly free with it being the first one) they won't tell me to get lost will they?
53 plate Corsa Servicing - Dynamic Dave
for a service (which is supposedly free with it being the first one)

You'll be lucky. In all the years my family have owned Vauxhalls, we've never had a free first one.

Also, the cheaper Masterfit servicing only applies to Vauxhall's over 3 yrs old. Expect to pay full Vauxhall rates.
53 plate Corsa Servicing - Bill Payer
for a service (which is supposedly free with it being the first one)

Make sure you get them to re-tighten the cylinder head too.
53 plate Corsa Servicing - Stuartli
Adam, found a Corsa that might interest you which offers the absolute minimum of servicing costs for its owners:

tinyurl.com/8whjz

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
53 plate Corsa Servicing - Dynamic Dave
Make sure you get them to re-tighten the cylinder head too.

Not necessary on a modern car. In fact when I had the head gasket replaced on my old Mk1 Astra, I asked if it had to come back at a specified mileage to have the bolts tweaked down, I was told I didn't.
53 plate Corsa Servicing - Victorbox
Free first service! I think that stopped about 20 years ago for most makes.
I'm going off what she told me. Having never owned a new car it didn't sound out of the ordinary to me.

Apparently,she thinks it was free if she took it back to the garage she bought it from.

I'll break the bad news.

Thanks,
Oh - and I'm amazed that hasn't happed already Stuart!