Selling my car - Daedalus
I have just put my Polo up for sale and have put a page together for it at www.ouritemsforsale.co.uk. Could you have a look and see what you think! Is it priced too rich? I have had an offer of £450 that I have rejected at the moment.

Bill
Selling my car - blue_haddock
I don't think it's too expensive personally but if you have had an offer of £450 i'd be tempted to go with that.

A bird in the hand.....
Selling my car - Bill Payer
We used to have a couple of 1986 Polo's in our family (one was a coupe too) and I always thought they'd last for ever.
With a lot of tax and 4 new tyres and battery, £495 seems ridiculous really, but old cars have little value now.
I think ours cost £5000 new, so your annual depreciation has been £225/yr!!

If you've been offered £450 be careful you don't put too much effort into selling it just to get another £20 or so.
Selling my car - No FM2R
The advert is pretty good, I think.

Price is a funny thing at this end of the market. Somebody who's not that struck on the car wouldn't give you £20 but the right person at the right time who wants it might well give you £600. There is no way to say whether or not £450 is a more or less appropriate price than £495.

Your issue is not so much the price, as to the size of the potential buying audience. I would say that audience is relatively small, the competition relatively high, so if you have set a price of £495 as something you would be comfortable with, then a less than 10% discount seems little enough when you consider the effort to get more, and the potential for getting less.

Bit its an emotional thing really, so you have to do what you think.

I'd take the £450.
Selling my car - smokie
Look s like a nice little car to me. I'm tossing up whether to spend more on daughter's Fiesta (see in Tech) or swap it for something else. Something like that, at about that price, would have been ideal. Huddersfield is a long way though!

Does it have power steering?
No power steering, or servo on the brakes, 4 speed box, it's like driving a roller skate. Wonderful piece of kit.

No FM2R thanks for nice comment on the site.

Bill
Selling my car - blue_haddock
I have to admit Bill that even though i'm not in the market for a new car i'm tempted by your Polo - I've always liked the look of the coupe's and that yellow colour just looks great!

Just a thought though - why is that classed as an estate and the usual polo of that age called the hatchback? surely that is more like a hatchback and the other is a small estate?
Selling my car - Vin {P}
As a gambler, I need to ask you, is £45 worth the risk of not being able to sell it at all? That's not something I can decide, but you need to balance the cost against the time and hassle. My personal opinion would be "a bird in the hand" etc.

V

PS. What an utterly delightful colour, I don't think.
Selling my car - BobbyG
Looks like it is sold now but the pictures brought back memories for me.

Used to have one of the Polo Formel E Estates in that burnt orange colour. I had fitted one of the Moss alarms to it, remember the ones with the flashing red light on the stand thing that you put on the dashboard? The alarm was supposed to switch off once you turned the ignition on but unless the voltage was absolutely bang on, it never worked.
So I went to the scrappy and got another fog light dashboard switch for the blank above the rear foglight switch and wired the alarm up to that. So that you just got in and flicked that switch and it killed it straight away.
Also, relating to another thread, once got back to the car to find that all 3 wipers had been stolen, full assemblies right down to the retaining nuts!

Talking of Moss alarms, I fitted the updated version, with remote control (!), to my Peugeot 309. It also had a red panic button on the dash that you could press and it sounded the alarm. It used to be very handy for clearing people out your way when you wanted to pass them!
Yes BobbyG it sold this morning. Young student came round with his father and I got £490.00 for it. He was looking for something a bit different. Mind you the insurance for him was £1100 third party, he was 20, so it puts it into perspective.

Thanks for the nice comments on the site.

Bill