2003 Peugeot 206 1.4 - wind 'squeaking' - andy-81
Hi All,

This is my first post on this site and I was wondering if anyone could help.

I have a rather annoying problem with a 'squeaking' sound that seems to come from the passenger side of the vehicle when driving between 50-75mph. The 'squeeking' can be best likened to the sort of noise radio or mic. feedback would give although not as loud.

I think it may be the wind flowing through door seals but can quite pin down where from. I guess it is still there over 75mph but the road noise begins to mask it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
2003 Peugeot 206 1.4 - wind 'squeaking' - Civic8
Come across it with windows,ie not fully closed.air pressure makes the noise between seal and glass
--
Steve
Windows are fully closed. I guess the window could not be closing fully inside the seal?
2003 Peugeot 206 1.4 - wind 'squeaking' - Dynamic Dave
I might be wrong, but I'm sure I can recall someone else having a similar noise with their Golf on here. Turned out to be that the expansion cap under the bonnet was leaking and sounding like a whistling kettle.
Sounds pretty similar in terms of the description of the sound, although would that be speed related because it is definately not audible below around 50mph?

I'm looking for a few ideas to check out myself before it goes to the dealer. Its one of those really annoying things which I hope they can sort out!

Cheers,

Andy